Blackout By Another Texas School

ColoradoEagle

Wow. When we went to Lubbock for Moot Court, one guy (Guy)'s ex-girlfriend went to Tech and was supposedly going to have all of her sorority sisters over. We got to her house and the only people who were there were the pregnant ex-girlfriend, three rednecks with shaved heads, and a crying drunk redhead in a wheelchair. We went over by the fire with another friend (Rob) carrying all of our beers, and the rednecks were giggling and throwing stuff into the fire. As we sat down, I made a comment about all of them having the same haircut and they carried out the same creepy redneck laugh and said, "Yup, we hate [slur]s." I don't think our butts even touched down before we stood back up and walked away. Rob hadn't even gotten the case of beer on the ground. Very small case study, I know, but really, if you've ever been there...it wouldn't be a huge surprise to find out that somebody did it on purpose and then later claimed it was a completely innocent mistake when questioned.

This was the same trip where we went to the Board of Barristers reception after making it into the upper rounds and one of their Barristers asked us what it would take to get some of us to go to Tech's law school. I asked if law students had access to drinking water that didn't taste like manure, and I guess the dude was so shocked that somebody would say that he was like, "Um...I don't know." So I was like, "Yeah, then I don't really see many of us being interested in coming back here, sorry." My Moot Court partner was horrified and I was like, "What, were you going to ever consider going to school here?" And he said, "Well, no..."

"Exactly."

Surely you don't judge entire groups by a few members, right?

Because I think there is a word for that...

• Upvote 1