Where to find North Texas EZ UP?

JRock

Helpful hint (credit to UNTFlyer): Spend the extra money and get a steel frame. They are more expensive, and heavy as shit (mine is a 10x20, and not pleasant to throw in the back of an SUV by myself), but the extra money is well worth it.

If you buy an aluminum frame tent, you're basically just renting it through the second or third day of heavy wind, if you're lucky. We went through 3 aluminum tents in 4 years. Got the steel tent at Flyer's suggestion; still in perfect shape 3 years later. Life cycle cost... Steel tent wins easily.

Helpful hint (credit to UNTFlyer): Spend the extra money and get a steel frame. They are more expensive, and heavy as shit (mine is a 10x20, and not pleasant to throw in the back of an SUV by myself), but the extra money is well worth it.

If you buy an aluminum frame tent, you're basically just renting it through the second or third day of heavy wind, if you're lucky. We went through 3 aluminum tents in 4 years. Got the steel tent at Flyer's suggestion; still in perfect shape 3 years later. Life cycle cost... Steel tent wins easily.

You're telling me...my tailgate group went through 3 canopys last year. None lasting more than 3 games...

My First Up canopy finally bit the dust this summer after 6 long years of service. Made it through the thunderstorm before the UTEP game. A real windy tailgate a couple of years ago (when my second pop up, an Easy Up purchased that year, bit the dust) and the deluge that was the Ohio game in 2009.

I bought another First Up last week. It will be interesting to see if it is as sturdy as the one I purchased in 2008.

Edited by UNT90