DRC Monday column: A heavy dose of reality

Brett Vito

He also said that this was the first year that the position battles in practice were D1 talent v D1 talent. Apparently he wasn't referring to the QB position when saying that. He also said there is more depth here than ever in his time. He also said..."this is only the beginning." Let's not forget the other things he has said. This season is on his head, fully.

Oh and clearly don't have the same group on D than last year?? Really Vito? I guess you clearly don't remember giving up 600 yards of offense to Georgia last year. 354 yards would be an...improvement. A large one at that. So let's not make clear opinions when you clearly aren't looking to what is and what isn't and are just trying to toot your own horn. GMG

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Every time an article and/or discussion brings up how the school, and especially the fan base, should be more "realistic", I think about Hollywood legend Fred Astaire. In an early screen test the person making the assessment of Astaire said......."Can't act. Slightly bald. Also dances". Imagine what would have happened, or not happened, if he had accepted that as his reality.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 2

Guys, this team will be a lot better in October than in August/September and better in November than in October. As kids learn to react instead think about what they are supposed to do there will be a lot of improvement. The first game was awful, but that does not mean the whole season will be that way. We have a good head coach and two quality coordinators that took us to eight regular season wins and a win in a bowl game last year. They did not go to Stupid School this summer and forget how to coach. They will quickly figure out what our players can and cannot do. We will be fine before the end of the season. Hang in there and don't give up the faith. Go Mean Green.....

• Upvote 5

Can Brett Vito write an article without going to such effort to make himself seem so vastly more intelligent than the North Texas fanbase?

I mean - you really have to ask that after the meltdown? I am not saying we're any better or worse than other fanbases. Fans (especially football ones given the short nature of the season compared to the other major sports) are generally one step from being total morons win or lose. When a season has 30, 82, or 162 games it's easier to be rational than when you have 12.

When i read other boards, I usually think they are just as dumb as I am sure we look to Vito.

• Upvote 1