Our Fans

mgfan

Enough already. We have great fans. A lot made the trip with high hopes. They paid 100 a ticket, gas hotels etc and cheered loudly even though other than defense there wasn't much to cheer about. Were you there? Believe me we were plenty loud there just wasn't much to cheer about. As far as the alma mater, heckfire our band wasn't even there... We did the best we could.

Agree with Harry that we do have great fans. Not sure if you were referring to the fans in Austin, or just in general. With regard to games at Apogee, these things take time. Just in the last few years (a lot of which can be attributed to our new stadium) have true strides been made with regard to truly creating a connection between the student body and NT football. Give it another 10 years of football success (Look at how many of our really involved fans happen to have been students during 2001-2004, yes, winning is important) and cultivation of school spirit and tradition and the game day atmosphere will be a lot different. There's no way to make up for the 100 years of winning tradition that Texas has by one 9-win season and HOD bowl victory. That's just reality, but things are undoubtedly moving in the right direction.

Enough already. We have great fans. A lot made the trip with high hopes. They paid 100 a ticket, gas hotels etc and cheered loudly even though other than defense there wasn't much to cheer about. Were you there? Believe me we were plenty loud there just wasn't much to cheer about. As far as the alma mater, heckfire our band wasn't even there... We did the best we could.

I must be a Homerphobic because every one of your Homer posts scares me. Edited by GreenMachine
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Yes I was there, if you must know. I am posting some obvservations. yes it is shameful people dont know the alma mater, and I didn't say we had bad fan. I believe our program can improve in many areas, and this is one of them. Why not teach our fans not to yell when we are on offense and the alma mater?

Yes I was there, if you must know. I am posting some obvservations. yes it is shameful people dont know the alma mater, and I didn't say we had bad fan. I believe our program can improve in many areas, and this is one of them. Why not teach our fans not to yell when we are on offense and the alma mater?

Shameful? C'mon