MGB: UNT could be on verge of adding transfer

Brett Vito

Absolutely, who knows there could be other factors that combined with playing time are contributing to this. Maybe he wants to be closer to home? Getting caught up in numbers at a place like K-State is no crime. This kid can play or he wouldn't be at K-State. I welcome him and his family with open arms.

Well, tgd subject of playing DT was brought up by a K State website, not us.

No, it's not just this prospect. It's almost very single possible Juco and transfer someone asks that question. If a kid is a O linemen the first 2 years the chances of them changing to DT are about 1%. They are two completely different positions and skill sets.

• Upvote 1

If this kid was playing offensive tackle then that's pretty out of position. He's only 6'1". But at least he did play some as a redshirt freshman.

The only thing I don't like about taking in these transfers is that they take up a spot in the signing class cap of 25. If they just counted towards the 85 limit, it wouldn't be that big a risk. If they don't turn out to be worth a scholarship, then it's a shame not just because they didn't work out, but because you had to miss out on a potentially good high school kid just because a transfer was coming from a big-name school.

• Upvote 2

Of all positions, I don't think Mac's gonna bring in an offensive lineman unless he thinks there is some serious potential.

I understand, but I am EXTREMELY leery of transfers that never saw the field at their 1st school. A certain 4 star from Arkansas comes to mind.

Not knocking that guy, but the expectations were sky high when he came here, and he never saw the field.

But he provided depth. Which is why I look at this as strictly a depth move. Hopefully I am proven wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I understand, but I am EXTREMELY leery of transfers that never saw the field at their 1st school. A certain 4 star from Arkansas comes to mind.

Not knocking that guy, but the expectations were sky high when he came here, and he never saw the field.

But he provided depth. Which is why I look at this as strictly a depth move. Hopefully I am proven wrong.

But he did see the field(very little) as a RS Freshman