Redskins Trademark Cancelled

As much as I would like for this to be true, I just don't see it happening anytime soon. Too much crap to be cleaned up in the game for most Americans to appreciate it (mainly the diving). FIFA is also not a trustworthy organization either.

Olympics always do well in the ratings, but no one goes to a figure skating competition or track meets (unless they know a participant).

Those Olympians are also usually not full-time professional athletes. Even if they are, unlike soccer, I can't show up to the same stadium week after week and see and support them. Every 4 years MLS popularity sees a spike from fair weather World Cup fans. The spike does wear off, but a certain percentage of those still stick around and the uptick continues. A soccer blogger I know did the math and he stated that even if 1% of the people who watched the Portugal match tuned into a MLS match, the ratings would double. This is arguably the best World Cup in recent memory, and the US playing in extremely dramatic games will only help the sport grow. I'm sure someone has probably shown this to be the case with The Miracle on Ice and NHL's rise in popularity.

It's easy. Ignore me. Either dont read or use the ignore function.

Is that so hard?

Hopefully no one draws any self identity from the stupid crap that goes on here. That would just be sad.

Now it's like hanging out with a cranky teenage girl...

Ugh.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Awh. Always go for the personal jab when your bullshit is called out.

Also, soccer is so pointless it's getting higher ratings than some our beloved BCS games. Welcome to the future, I know it scares you.

Personal? Because I dare suggest you comment on the same meaningless crap I do?

Lol!!!

Or was that just an excuse to call what I post bullcrap?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Those Olympians are also usually not full-time professional athletes. Even if they are, unlike soccer, I can't show up to the same stadium week after week and see and support them. Every 4 years MLS popularity sees a spike from fair weather World Cup fans. The spike does wear off, but a certain percentage of those still stick around and the uptick continues. A soccer blogger I know did the math and he stated that even if 1% of the people who watched the Portugal match tuned into a MLS match, the ratings would double. This is arguably the best World Cup in recent memory, and the US playing in extremely dramatic games will only help the sport grow. I'm sure someone has probably shown this to be the case with The Miracle on Ice and NHL's rise in popularity.

I believe the highest ever TV rating for hockey were actually in the mid 1970's. Back then the NHL had better ratings than the NBA actually. The NBA didn't surpass the NHL until Bird/Magic (and never looked back).

Most Olympic athletes are full time professionals now. And many of their sports are televised...you just have to search them out.

Edited by CMJ

If you look hard enough, I'm sure every team mascot could be offensive to someone. This is getting past the point of being ridiculous.

If you look hard enough, I'm sure every team mascot could be offensive to someone.

Team - Who is offended

Arizona Cardinals - Blue Jays, not the baseball team, the bird. Sworn enemies.
Atlanta Falcons - The Goshawk, who feel Falcons are hogging all the raptor fame.
Baltimore Ravens - Edgar Allen Poe. Royalty dispute is expected to drag on for years.
Buffalo Bills - The rest of the baseball cap. The eyelets are the most upset.
Carolina Panthers - Inspector Jacques Clouseau.
Chicago Bears - Salmon consider them to be war criminals.
Cincinnati Bengals - People suffering from Blaschko's Lines.
Cleveland Browns - Firefly fans.
Dallas Cowboys - Dallas Cowboy fans.
Denver Broncos - People who believe Bronco is spelled with an H.
Detroit Lions - The Stark family of Winterfell.
Green Bay Packers - People who suffer from Packing Anxiety.
Houston Texans - Oklahomans.
Indianapolis Colts - Equinophobes and bronies who are angry about the lack fluttershy logos.
Jacksonville Jaguars - British people who insist the proper pronunciation is jag-you-are

Kansas City Chiefs - Who could possibly be offended about this?

Miami Dolphins - Douglas Adams fans.
Minnesota Vikings - The Holy Island of Lindisfarne.
New England Patriots - Communists such as CBL.
New Orleans Saints - Satanists such as TTG.
New York Giants - Warwick Davis, other diminutive people such as UNT90.
New York Jets - Propeller engine enthusiasts.
Oakland Raiders - Insects who have confused this team with the SC Johnson insecticide.
Philadelphia Eagles - Once again, goshawks.
Pittsburgh Steelers - Confused anti crime activists.
Saint Louis Rams - A coalition formed by coyotes, cougars, bears and foxes.
San Diego Chargers - Magnetic monopoles.
San Francisco 49ers - Coy La Hood
Seattle Seahawks - I think we can all agree the goshawks are getting a little over litigious.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - People traumatized by sherbet push pops as children.
Tennessee Titans - The Titan of Bravos.
Washington Redskins - No reasonable person.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Team - Who is offended

Arizona Cardinals - Blue Jays, not the baseball team, the bird. Sworn enemies.

Atlanta Falcons - The Goshawk, who feel Falcons are hogging all the raptor fame.

Baltimore Ravens - Edgar Allen Poe. Royalty dispute is expected to drag on for years.

Buffalo Bills - The rest of the baseball cap. The eyelets are the most upset.

Carolina Panthers - Inspector Jacques Clouseau.

Chicago Bears - Salmon consider them to be war criminals.

Cincinnati Bengals - People suffering from Blaschko's Lines.

Cleveland Browns - Firefly fans.

Dallas Cowboys - Dallas Cowboy fans.

Denver Broncos - People who believe Bronco is spelled with an H.

Detroit Lions - The Stark family of Winterfell.

Green Bay Packers - People who suffer from Packing Anxiety.

Houston Texans - Oklahomans.

Indianapolis Colts - Equinophobes and bronies who are angry about the lack fluttershy logos.

Jacksonville Jaguars - British people who insist the proper pronunciation is jag-you-are

Kansas City Chiefs - Who could possibly be offended about this?

Miami Dolphins - Douglas Adams fans.

Minnesota Vikings - The Holy Island of Lindisfarne.

New England Patriots - Communists such as CBL.

New Orleans Saints - Satanists such as TTG.

New York Giants - Warwick Davis, other diminutive people such as UNT90.

New York Jets - Propeller engine enthusiasts.

Oakland Raiders - Insects who have confused this team with the SC Johnson insecticide.

Philadelphia Eagles - Once again, goshawks.

Pittsburgh Steelers - Confused anti crime activists.

Saint Louis Rams - A coalition formed by coyotes, cougars, bears and foxes.

San Diego Chargers - Magnetic monopoles.

San Francisco 49ers - Coy La Hood

Seattle Seahawks - I think we can all agree the goshawks are getting a little over litigious.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - People traumatized by sherbet push pops as children.

Tennessee Titans - The Titan of Bravos.

Washington Redskins - No reasonable person.

You joke now funny boy but just wait, other groups will be pressured soon. My guess, the Cleveland Browns.
  • Downvote 3

The Browns were named after a person.

Not sure if you already know that. Just making sure in case you think that is some reference to a race.

I do but doesn't matter. Someone will make a big deal out of the name. I hope Washington stands up to the incompetent jerk in Congress and tells them to shove it.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I do but doesn't matter. Someone will make a big deal out of the name. I hope Washington stands up to the incompetent jerk in Congress and tells them to shove it.

I personally find Paul Brown's last name offensive and think he should change it so that I can feel better. That also goes for anyone with the last name White, Black, or Red.

They should all change their last name to Beige. I'm quite sure no one has ever been called beige, so it's a pretty non-offensive term.

Oh, and about the Browns being named after Paul Brown? Maybe, maybe not:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/25650/whats-nickname-origins-all-32-nfl-team-names

Surly the second possibility offends no one, right?

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 2