Any info on new Mean Green helmets/uniforms?

Girls always argue about clothes...

girls also read "all of the latest fashion post" and comment on them...

UNT90 - this is about recruiting, marketing, branding and economics.

Good Design is Good Business.

• Upvote 4

Well, yeah, and so is consistency.

Why don't we just keep redesigning every year until we hit 5 consecutive 8+ win seasons. Then we can stop because whatever logo we are at, it will be genius and good for the long haul.

Sarcasm aside, I wish we'd stop re-branding under the guise of "the kids like this". The kids like winning. The rest will take care of itself. I hope we're not spending too much money on this other stuff.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 3

I like the expand the brand concept. If you put sleek Mean Green jerseys on some mannequins at the Rally House next to the Tech, TCU, OU uniforms I know some kids are going to think, "niiiiiiicccceeee. And they are winning right now." There is the loyalty fan and the fashion fan, and they don't always intersect.

GMG

• Upvote 1

girls also read "all of the latest fashion post" and comment on them...

UNT90 - this is about recruiting, marketing, branding and economics.

Winning is good business.

Design and fashion is for girls.

Get back to it, ladies...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

And for some odd reason the kids being recruited care about things like uniforms, facilities, perception, image, as well as winning. It's so weird.

Kids would wear a paper sack to play for us if we were a Power 5 program that competed routinely for a power 5 conference championship.

But keep telling yourselves it's about helmets and jersey colors if you must...

UNT90 - so....your parents bought a Ford Edsel and young UNT90 bought a Ford Pinto because of Ford Motor Company's winning tradition?

I personally don't want North Texas to look like a mid major Edsel...I would prefer North Texas to be a P5 ass kicking Mustang.

design is part of the equation

• Upvote 1

UNT90 - so....your parents bought a Ford Edsel and young UNT90 bought a Ford Pinto because of Ford Motor Company's winning tradition?

I personally don't want North Texas to look like a mid major Edsel...I would prefer North Texas to be a P5 ass kicking Mustang.

design is part of the equation

Chevy truck and Chevy Chevette, but close.

Players magically play better in different uniforms? They magically become faster, stronger just because if the fabric hanging from their body? Really?

And don't start the whole "kids care about fashion." When it comes to recruiting, fashion is about number 1,234,246 on the check list. If its not, I don't want that kid.

Lots of factors in getting kids. Fashion isn't one of them.

UNT90 - we will have to agree to disagree...again...too bad. I really felt we connected on the "bad beard" thread...plus my sister had a Chevette! ha

*remember every year corporations spend millions & millions trying to design better products, better logos with better fonts, better slogans with better copy & better packaging to influence the end consumer to buy into what they are selling. It's Marketing 101.

What makes a school or it's football team any different? North Texas is selling a product.

• Upvote 2

UNT90 - we will have to agree to disagree...again...too bad. I really felt we connected on the "bad beard" thread...plus my sister had a Chevette! ha

*remember every year corporations spend millions & millions trying to design better products, better logos with better fonts, better slogans with better copy & better packaging to influence the end consumer to buy into what they are selling. It's Marketing 101.

What makes a school or it's football team any different? North Texas is selling a product.

You can devalue your brand if you're changing logos every year, plus it's very costly in terms of changing everything over to the new logo which could be something as small as business cards all the way to signage on/in a retail store.

The company I work for made some changes to its logo (in 2008) where it had used the previous logo for 16 years. Prior to that they used their then current logo for 11 years. We still have stores that have the old logo (pre 2008) on the store front because it isn't cost effective to change the signage.

Edited by UNTFan23

I get that schools/corporations have to do this.

What I don't get is a bunch of grown men appointing themselves as the fashion Gestopo and needlessly going over and over an issue that is better discussed by females.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My sister also had a Chevette. Perhaps UNT90 and I can drive it around town while sucking down Bud Lights, texting to our hearts content, and giving each other "handshakes" while the girls discuss whether or not it's OK to wear white uniforms after labor day.

Do we need a designated texter?

Uniform options are a priority to recruits. I didn't create that theme, but it's a theme. So we have to adapt to the changing times or get left in the dust. It's not about fashion, it's about keeping up. Oh and bet your ass that Oregon has signed recruits based on uniform variety, guaranteed.

• Upvote 2

Chevy truck and Chevy Chevette, but close.

Players magically play better in different uniforms? They magically become faster, stronger just because if the fabric hanging from their body? Really?

And don't start the whole "kids care about fashion." When it comes to recruiting, fashion is about number 1,234,246 on the check list. If its not, I don't want that kid.

Lots of factors in getting kids. Fashion isn't one of them.

And yes. Look good, feel good, play good.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1