Congrats to former UNT QB Chris Olsen

Harry

"We've hired two outstanding coordinators," Perry said. "We had some really good coaches here and we've really just added to that. Our knowledge level and experience level has just gone up tremendously. We've got good people, good plans and good ideas. I'm real excited about the future."

Olson coached with Perry at Bastrop High School, where Perry held the same position he now does in Mineral Wells from 2008-12. Olson also coached with Perry at Plano East and spent time at Cedar Ridge, a successful 5A school in Round Rock.

Olson also played quarterback under well-known high school football coach Todd Dodge at the University of North Texas, further deepening his knowledge of the spread offense.

- See more at: http://www.mineralwellsindex.com/localsports/x997999637/Perry-announces-new-coordinators-other-hires#sthash.ckKfbQ9Q.dpuf

Could not find anything about this guy playing under Dodge or at UNT.

He does have a YouTube channel with some QB drills.

I did find a DT named Chris Olson who played with Steven Jyles in a Canadian league. Also, there was a Chris Olson who coached football at Bastrop (The Bears). I could not find any details or photos. That was in 2010, I believe, and I think is the same Olson this article is referring to.

I know some posters collect programs and might be able to shed any available light.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

Just to add to this, I DID NOT play football at UNT, just a proud alumni, but however I am making the jump from tiny Honey Grove HS to coaching varsity safeties at Harker Heights HS near Killeen, TX. As always, I will do my best to direct studs to the great UNT.

Good luck with the new job. I'll be pulling for Harker Heights HS.

• Upvote 1

Just to add to this, I DID NOT play football at UNT, just a proud alumni, but however I am making the jump from tiny Honey Grove HS to coaching varsity safeties at Harker Heights HS near Killeen, TX. As always, I will do my best to direct studs to the great UNT.

Good news for everybody (except Harker Heights' opponents!). Congrats on the hire.

• Upvote 1

Congrats to you! I will be keeping an eye out for your boys this season.