GMG.com Bracket Challenge

JesseMartin

Hey, they sure were talking about us a lot at the end of the broadcast.

Weird.

I wanted to say the same thing. Good publicity for good old north Texas... Maybe it could sway some good athletes to come here thinking we made it to the final four. Who knows....

• Downvote 3

I don't know...KY and WI are both playing so hot right now, I wouldn't discount the possibility of either of them winning over the other as well as Florida. I hope not though, since I picked FL...

Well, apparently none of us picked either of these teams to win, so the winner of the bracket challenge is JJ's Benford'd bracket (I believe that's Army of Dad). Nobody even broke 100 points. What a weird tournament year.

• Upvote 1

Only UK can foul a 3 point shooter in a tie game on a team that hasn't missed a FT all night with only 10 seconds remaining and still win the game in regulation. This Kentucky run has been unbelievable. Other than the game against Kansas State (which was an ugly 7 point win) all of these games have basically come down to the buzzer. Even the Louisville game (a five point win) was only that margin because of FT's at the end. They've hit two game winners with under six seconds and survived three buzzer beaters to either tie or win the game. If I recall Wichita State, Louisville, Wisconsin, and Michigan all scored more than 1.1 points per possession -- which is all really good....yet none won.

Unbelievable.

Edited by CMJ

UK sucks. Calipari looks and acts like a used car salesmen. Can't stand the dude, if they win he uses the freshmen card in his post game interview as if he's buttering up UK fan base for an excuse when they lose. And all year when they lost, the freshmen card was pulled every time. He recruits like this so he just needs to shut up with the freshmen bit. If he was having to play freshmen due to injury then ride that card, but not when your team is based on what freshmen can or can't do. As for him being a good coach??? Uhhh? How? He recruits the biggest, longest players in the country and his offensive philosophy is space dribble-drive offense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Let's see...watch two lower seed teams make for a mediocre men's finals or the best two UNDEFEATED women's teams Tuesday... I think I am in for the women's finals tomorrow.

Seeds has nothing to do with the quality of a matchup. Two of the worst semis I've ever seen were in 2008. (1)Memphis crushed (1) UCLA and (1) Kansas brutalized (1)UNC for the majority of the game. Neither final score was really indicative of how non-competitive they were. Going into the games a lot of people were talking about how great the matchups were given all four ones made it.

The final was great and made everyone forget about how horrible the Final Four was. I never want to see all 1's make it again.

Seeds has nothing to do with the quality of a matchup. Two of the worst semis I've ever seen were in 2008. (1)Memphis crushed (1) UCLA and (1) Kansas brutalized (1)UNC for the majority of the game. Neither final score was really indicative of how non-competitive they were. Going into the games a lot of people were talking about how great the matchups were given all four ones made it.

The final was great and made everyone forget about how horrible the Final Four was. I never want to see all 1's make it again.

You are comparing 4 #1 seeds in the simis to tonight's matchup? Tuesday's game features two teams at their best. Just sayin'.

You are comparing 4 #1 seeds in the simis to tonight's matchup? Tuesday's game features two teams at their best. Just sayin'.

Doesn't mean it'll be a good game. It may be, but one never knows. I could easily see one blowing the other out. I was comparing four one seeds to tomorrow's game BTW.

Kentucky and Connecticut are hardly mediocre. Again, the game might be a bloodbath, who knows? Kentucky has arguably played in the four best games of the whole tournament so far though. The Wichita State, Louisville, Michigan, and Wisconsin games were all instant classics.

Edited by CMJ