Questions and comments about the bowl

JesseMartin

Mmmmm..... all about that Beyoncé Taco Lady.

Don't get me wrong, I'd eat a Beyoncé taco, but there were similar signs at other bowls including tonight's NC. Drives me nuts not knowing what they are.

Oh, I forgot to ask about the weird signs at our game that were similar to ones at other bowl games. Did you guys see them? They had 4 pictures, of a celebrity, a food item, etc. on each one. What the heck was up with that?

It's not just a bowl game thing. This has been part of many team's strategies for years.

These looked pre-printed, like by ESPN or something, and had similar themes, none of which had anything to do with the teams playing as far as I could tell. Very weird and I've been curious ever since ours.

Edited by JesseMartin

It was a pretty whirlwind trip for me, but totally worth it. The biggest bummer, by far, was TastyGreek getting food poisoned and not being able to make the game. It was inspiring to see so much green on the train and in the stands at the Cotton Bowl.

One of my all time favorite sporting events to ever see live.

This. In my time of following this program, we've gone from so few fans that the Pregame Band music bouncing off of the empty bleachers at Fouts (which litterally made CMJ and I sick to our stomachs) to 30K+ packed shoulder to shoulder.. It was a great sight to behold.

Answers to several questions previously posted.

The Programs were being sold at the souveneir tables.

The "Crazy Signs that team use on the sideline" questions.

Some teams use them to signal in formations, pass protections, plays.

Some teams use them as decoys for the afore mentioned purposes.

Which does UNT use them for.... I'll never tell.

Edited by DT 90