Denton fans get free ride to see UNT in Heart of Dallas Bowl

Harry

Anyone who was excited about the University of North Texas' upcoming appearance in the second annual Heart of Dallas Bowl now has an extra reason to be pumped.

The Denton County Transportation Authority and DART are teaming up to offer free transportation to and from the Cotton Bowl for anyone coming from Denton. Fans can pick up a limited number of free regional transit passes, which will be good on both DCTA's A-Train and DART's Green Line, from December 26 through December 31.

Passes are strictly one per person and must be picked up at Downtown Denton Transit Center or Apogee Stadium.

Passes are strictly one per person and are available only at DCTAs Downtown Denton Transit Center and UNTs North Texas Athletics Ticket Office located at Apogee Stadium.

Read more: http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/sports/12-25-13-heart-of-dallas-cotton-bowl-unt-free-ride/

I got my DCTA transit pass this morning. It was my first visit to the DCTA depot. I got there a few minutes after 6:00 this morning (12-26). Easy.

The Transit lady told me food was not allowed. Drinks are OK but must be covered.

This is going to introduce DCTA train service to many new customers. Like me. I can't wait.

Beat UNLV

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe

I got my DCTA transit pass this morning. It was my first visit to the DCTA depot. I got there a few minutes after 6:00 this morning (12-26). Easy.

The Transit lady told me food was not allowed. Drinks are OK but must be covered.

This is going to introduce DCTA train service to many new customers. Like me. I can't wait.

Beat UNLV

GO MEAN GREEN

Now if we could just introduce the train service to folks going in the other direction to help up pack Apogee next year.

It's a good thing this didn't happen tomorrow, but it's worth keeping an eye on to make sure service is restored as anticipated:

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2013/12/downtown-dart-rail-service-stopped-after-tractor-trailer-struck-poles-that-supply-power-to-rail.html/

Update, 11:45 a.m.: The truck has been cleared and power restored. The downtown bus shuttles are canceled and service will be restored by early afternoon, DART says.

The passes they gave out are regional passes. You do not have to board at a DCTA station. You can get on anywhere...DCTA or DART. That's my understanding anyway.

Don't know about DCTA, but there are no gates to board DART trains. You simply need to have the pass handy if a fare enforcement officer asks to see it.

I went to the ticket office this morning which had a steady flow of people good news!

But they told me to ride the train all my party has to do is show our tickets yet I read on here they give you vouchers???

Is this a lack of communication once again I'm going to the station here in a bit just to check.. But it seems there is not a clear line of communication at the ticket office.

Yea, I have been pleased with the service and work of the ticket office whenever I go up there. It is almost as though someone or someone's are not communicating with these agents to let them know all of the information needed to be successful. Nice news on the steady flow of people!!

How about some applause for those working in the ticket office so many extra hours and being open new years eve is awesome!! :thumbsu:

i went by the train station and they gave me a pass without asking to see my game tickets. See you all tomorrow at the train station hope i make the transfer at the Trinity Mills Station-do they announce the stations on the train? my first time on the train. Also tomorrow i suggest we not call it the A-Train but call it the G-train.