Out of Town Bowl Watching Parties?

MeanGreenDan

So I have the misfortune of leaving town a few days before the bowl for a trip that was planned long ago. Shame on me for not having faith.

Any chance that anyone on the board will either be in the California Bay Area and looking for some watching company, or know of anywhere that will be open that early in the morning and showing the game?

I'll be having a watch party in Phoenix but that doesn't help you any. When you say Bay, you mean San Fran, right? I don't think we have a group organized out there yet but Kram might be able to tell you. Or you could call the Alumni Association and ask if there's anybody out there that has done any events, if so maybe they could get you in touch with them.

I put out the word on Facebook, but if there aren't UNT people doing anything, what part of town will you be staying in? I can try to find you somewhere that will be open for the super-early kickoff time (9 a.m. Pacific).

Don't shoot the messenger, but Sauced Texas Kitchen (http://www.saucedtexaskitchen.com/) will be opening at 11am on New Year's Day to give North Texas fans in the Collin County area a place to gather and watch the game if they can't be there in person. They are located at 610 W. Bethany Road in Allen, TX.

I encourage everyone to go to the game if at all possible, but if you can't go but are able to hit Sauced to watch the game, I'd suggest it. I'll be at the game myself.