4th round of the playoffs

BillySee58

Big time playoff games this week. Once you get to the 4th round of the playoffs you're playing a team with a legitimate shot at the state title. There are two teams left that have players committed to the mean green for our 2014 class still left in the playoffs.

DeSoto vs. Euless Trinity, 4pm (game time subject to change due to weather) Saturday December 7th, Allen, TX

DeSoto, who features Shaquel Jackson (d-tackle commit for us) and Johnavohn Graham (d-end commit for us, currently injured), defeated Trinity 61-35 earlier in the year. 2 perennial metroplex and state powers going toe-to-toe.

This game features 8 seniors currently committed to D1 schools.

Carthage vs. West Orange-Stark, 7:30 pm Friday December 6th, Beaumont, Texas

Carthage, featuring two UNT commits at receiver (Tee Goree and O'Keeron Rutherford) take on a very good West Orange-Stark team who squeaked by last round.

This game features 7 current D1 commits.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

1st drive for Carthage: 5 plays, 69 yards, 2 catches by O'Keeron Rutherford, and a 31-yard touchdown run by their running back Tevin Pipkin.

Pipkin is their leading rusher in school history and has 0 offers currently as a senior. I think NT03 said we were close to offering him before Ivery committed. Either way, Pipkin is a stud and will be college ball somewhere

1st drive for Carthage: 5 plays, 69 yards, 2 catches by O'Keeron Rutherford, and a 31-yard touchdown run by their running back Tevin Pipkin.

Pipkin is their leading rusher in school history and has 0 offers currently as a senior. I think NT03 said we were close to offering him before Ivery committed. Either way, Pipkin is a stud and will be college ball somewhere

Pipkin looks like he's 30.

http://247sports.com/Player/Tevin-Pipkin-21211

• Upvote 3

O'Keeron Rutherford catches a 9-yard touchdown pass to make it 20-0 at halftime. 14th touchdown catch of the year for the "other" Carthage receiver. Very impressive.

Sloppy first half with wind playing a huge factor, negatively affecting the passing and punting game.

Edit: Tee Goree had a pick to end the half.

Edited by BillySee58

Touchdown carthage, and a two-point conversion to boot. Two point conversion went to goal-line weapon O'Keeron Rutherford. Touchdown scored by that Pipkin kid, having a great game with over 200 yards and 2 scores. 28-14 Carthage lead with about a minute left.

Really like how Rutherford is so productive by the goal line. Hope he can continue that and be effective in the red-zone for us as well.

Edited by BillySee58

DeSoto beats Trinity 48-41. DeSoto scored and got a two-point conversion with just 6 seconds left after being down 40-41. They will face Allen next week in the state semifinals.

http://www.star-telegram.com/varsity/m/#/2013/12/09/v-touch/5404679/live-euless-trinity-vs-desoto.html

Edit: oops, had wrong link

Edited by BillySee58

Billy,

I hear in Mesquite at Mesquite High, on Saturday, but Desoto is lobbying for Sunday game.

99% sure Sunday games are illegal per UIL rules. Any and all UIL events are prohibited on Sundays.

But yes, a Saturday game would give DeSoto just 4 days to rest, watch film, practice, and have a walk through day before playing Allen. Huge advantage for Allen. I really doubt they'd move it back to next Monday, but it would make things a little more fair.

I got a buddy who used to coach in Allen and he said Desoto is putting in some kind of waiver, apparently in UIL rules there is a stipulation where if you only have 4 days between games you can petition to move the game back, and potentially force a sunday game. It has happened before (Softball I believe) but very VERY rare.

I got a buddy who used to coach in Allen and he said Desoto is putting in some kind of waiver, apparently in UIL rules there is a stipulation where if you only have 4 days between games you can petition to move the game back, and potentially force a sunday game. It has happened before (Softball I believe) but very VERY rare.

Interesting. Surprised they wouldn't move it to Monday like they did last week. Should be a good game regardless.

Edit: Monday wouldn't make sense either. Then whoever would win would have just 4 days until the state championship game in cowboys stadium, which I don't think could get moved back.

Edited by BillySee58

You've hit the nail on the head. Only reason for Sunday game is if Desoto feels it needs it and honestly I wouldn't blame them. 4 days for a turn around is tough let alone state semi final. Tough spot for both teams.

99% sure Sunday games are illegal per UIL rules. Any and all UIL events are prohibited on Sundays.

But yes, a Saturday game would give DeSoto just 4 days to rest, watch film, practice, and have a walk through day before playing Allen. Huge advantage for Allen. I really doubt they'd move it back to next Monday, but it would make things a little more fair.

Sundays are typically a no-no for UIL, but they have been talked about a lot because the ice storm postponed so many games. It would allow teams a little more time to recover physically and since it is a player safety issue it could happen.