HoD Bowl announcement time?

MeanGreenTexan

The attendance for the Armed Forces Bowl last year (Rice v. Air Force) was 40,754. I don't think their fanbase is anything to scoff at.

That said, the HoD staff did show up to 2 or 3 of our games knowing full well that Rice was bowl eligible. I don't think that was by mistake.

If you look at their Twitter, they have hinted pretty strongly that we are a leading candidate, if not a shoe-in. They've posted pictures from our stadium and told a fan that we are definitely on their radar. Haven't talked about any other team.

FYI... Last Year's H.O.D Bowl between Oklahoma State & Purdue = 48,313

Question is....How many can people can we get this year?

"We" meaning North Texas fans specifically, or to the entire bowl? You will always have a decent number of local football fans with no attachment to either team who simply want to attend and support the local bowl game. I would think there would be 5-10k of them. I would expect 15-20k North Texas fans of varying stripes. So if we were to play in it and our opponent ends up being a good traveling team like Michigan, we could possibly get close to last year's number.

This is torture! I just want to know. Already got my tickets in que online.

North Texas Shep & other alums/fans:

I think its already been posted on this forum, but "IF" we get this bowl game we will need to buy our tickets from the UNT Ticket Office so our school gets credit for those sales. Until that M.O. is changed (if it is) I think we should do just that.

GMG!

PS: "Torture feel so good." (Quasimodo)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

North Texas Shep & other alums/fans:

I think its already been posted on this forum, but "IF" we get this bowl game we will need to buy our tickets from the UNT Ticket Office so our school gets credit for those sales. Until that M.O. is changed (if it is) I think we should do just that.

GMG!

PS: "Torture feel so good." (Quasimodo)

If it's such an issue, you might tell the A.D. to quit linking to Ticketmaster from their website.

If it's such an issue, you might tell the A.D. to quit linking to Ticketmaster from their website.

My "guess" is that any way they could sell regular season tickets they would use any avenue (Ticketmasters?) to do so?

For HOD Bowl ticket sales me'thinks they might want more exclusitivety and recognition as a department for

bowl ticket sales?

We typically had a strong turnout in New Orleans of around 15k, so I would expect more than that if we play locally.

My thoughts exactly. I was really quite amazed and impressed with our N.O. turnout. I suspect that DFW NT fans will come out of the woodwork in droves for a big name opponent in Dallas. Provided the weather is decent of course.

I rest my case............you are right and I'm.............100% wrong!

Guess I should wean myself from Harry's board and go visit UNT athletics official board once in a green moon? :)

IMO............even just a HOD Bowl appearance for North Texas against a Big 10 or PAC 12 school would be bigger than our win over a 6 & 5 Tennessee team that some goober :whistling1: has talked about since Adam & Eve were runnin' 'round nekid' in the Garden of the Jolly Green Giant. (ho! ho! ho!) And then a win if we were in that bowl game? Words cannot describe what that would do short term and long term for Coach Mac's football program. (We still must get our home attendance numbers up dramatically no matter what).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

already posted in another thread, but will re-post here:

http://espn.go.com/e...2-08-13-5:00-PM

Mark your calendars. Bowl bids won't be publicly announced until ESPN's Bowl Selection Show, which will air next Sunday, Dec. 8, at 8 p.m. CST, which is immediately following the BCS Selection Show on ESPN.

Maybe we can have a watch party or something. I post this because we have a lot of people fretting about the bowl games and when we'll hear where we're going. It appears we will know for certain on Sunday night, if not earlier. Mark your calendars, and have your TV on.

• Upvote 2

If you are going through the UNT website and using that link, then it would seem that UNT is getting credit. Not the same as just searching HOD and getting tickets straight from the site without going through the school link.

• Upvote 1

The Athletic department sells tickets through Ticketmaster. That is the ticketing system they use. So they may have a deposit event or something there to get money to put towards which ever bowl game we are selected for.