A victory not mentioned for UNT

UNTeagle88

2013-11-30%2016.37.31.jpg?w=AADiN_qXboAE

One of the best experiences as a student at North Texas was yesterday at the Tulsa game. It felt good to be Mean Green.

I was a member of the group who signed up for SGA's charted bus from UNT to Tulsa. We left at 8am and arrived back on campus at 10pm.

Why was there a victory that wasn't mentioned? Our fans at that game rocked that entire stadium. I really believe it was due to all the students that were shuttled from campus. There were about 40 of us in the endzone starting most of the chants. Accidental or not we happened to be leaders in all different departments and organizations across campus.We started 95% of the NORTH TEXAS that everyone was hearing on the broadcast, including DEFENSE and BLOCK THAT PUNT (again). So kudos to SGA for doing this.. this should be done for pretty much every away game next season.

Our fans even when we were down 7-10 Tulsa, were on their feet and loud. Tulsa even turned up their sound system to try and block us out.

Their 17,792 attendance could not block us out. The field marshals/security people were even making snide remarks at us. I believe that we blew that stadium up and roared with only 800-900 fans. I am happy that we gave UNT Football the love that they deserve.

I kinda doubt this is an accident

• Upvote 1

2013-11-30%2016.37.31.jpg?w=AADiN_qXboAE

One of the best experiences as a student at North Texas was yesterday at the Tulsa game. It felt good to be Mean Green.

I was a member of the group who signed up for SGA's charted bus from UNT to Tulsa. We left at 8am and arrived back on campus at 10pm.

Why was there a victory that wasn't mentioned? Our fans at that game rocked that entire stadium. I really believe it was due to all the students that were shuttled from campus. There were about 40 of us in the endzone starting most of the chants. Accidental or not we happened to be leaders in all different departments and organizations across campus.We started 95% of the NORTH TEXAS that everyone was hearing on the broadcast, including DEFENSE and BLOCK THAT PUNT (again). So kudos to SGA for doing this.. this should be done for pretty much every away game next season.

Our fans even when we were down 7-10 Tulsa, were on their feet and loud. Tulsa even turned up their sound system to try and block us out.

Their 17,792 attendance could not block us out. The field marshals/security people were even making snide remarks at us. I believe that we blew that stadium up and roared with only 800-900 fans. I am happy that we gave UNT Football the love that they deserve.

So glad you all joined us! Your leading the chants just pointed out the need for cheerleaders who keep up with the game. Why do they continue with the cheers that no one ever joins? "First and 10, do it again" - really? I would never! But NORTH and TEXAS is crowd pumping. And "That's good for a Mean Green FIRST DOWN" always gets a response. (I did notice one of the cheerleaders did start that one at the half.)

It was a fantastic road trip - lots of fun!

• Upvote 1

Good support from all. It was good to see all the Green in that corner. Scrappy was all over the place, even got a pic with the new Scrappy. Definitely looks more sinister......