Need Tailgating Advice

UNTDoubleAlum

Hi all,

This is my first post, although I've been reading and stalking this board for quite a while now. I'm a huge UNT fan, haven't missed a homegame in three years, even managed to muddle through the 1-11 season of my first year here.

I was wondering if any of the experienced tailgaters here had advice for me. I'm marrying my beautiful fiancee in March of next year, who happens to be a UTSA alum, and her family is coming up from San Antonio, so I have been looking forward to this game since I heard both teams were moving to Conference USA. I thought it would be fun to tailgate with everyone, and while I have meandered through my share of tailgates when I went to school here, I've never actually done it myself.

Where can you tailgate? How long before should I be out there? Are some places better than others? I'm not going to get in trouble if I'm drinking booze in the middle of the day?

Just trying to get all that locked down so we can have a fun game day.

Thanks!

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

Look at the myriad of available locations

How long you want to be out ranges from Friday afternoon to about 3 hours before kickoff. They will typically let you in to the hill area to drop off equipment up until around 11 o'clock for a daytime kickoff (that's approximate, don't quote me).

Better than others? Depends on what atmosphere you like. Closer to the stadium, you'll get the loud thumpa' thumpa' fratboy music. Far side of the red/blue lot, you'll get the lunchpail crowd. No idea what the student lot is like.

I'm not going to get in trouble if I'm drinking booze in the middle of the day?

Now that right there is funny. I mean, I physically laughed out loud. No. you will not get in trouble. Preferably avoid glass containers and no kegs. Otherwise, have at it, kid. Arrange a safe ride before you start in.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 2

If it's your first time, go get to the fouts lot about 3 his before gametime bring a 24 pack of beers a bbq pit and some hot dogs or hamburgers...

my friends and I started tailgating about 4 years ago with no idea what to do. We aren't pros yetbut we are a far cry from our first game which was the easiest game ever against Ohio.

That day we had a makeshift put together with a shower rod and curtain. We suffered through it and have been improving each year

It won't be as cold as that game a few years ago in Fouts, I think we played W Kentucky? We tailgated for that, so I will just call this cool weather. Probably need a light jacket though.

2007..... That weather was unbearable for everyone...... 37 degrees, high wind chill, rain that turned to sleet by the second half.....