Changing Channels from Cowboys to Stars

Mediocre since 1996. I love them but we know the reality of how that organization is run.

So true.

I tell ya what, if you wanted to see why Dallas has the 32nd ranked defense this game had some perfect examples. They are banged up for sure but the backups in the secondary may be the worst tackling bunch I've seen in a while.

Kenny Buyers, Marcus Trice, Derrick Akune and company could give those dudes a much needed clinic on open field tackling. They are horrible!

Rick

What a fantastic game and win tonight for the Stars.

I still have no idea on what to make of this team, but I'm glad we made the trade and I'm enjoying everything except our still not deep enough defense corp.

I still have no idea on what to make of this team, but I'm glad we made the trade and I'm enjoying everything except our still not deep enough defense corp.

I'm expecting them to be mostly inconsistent throughout the whole season but they have enough top level talent that they'll win games against a Boston, SJ etc and go on a good and deep roll. Their blue line is still very suspect but I imagine they'll get a little better. We're seeing Gonchar and Goligoski play a little better now. The kids will continue to develop down in Austin or overseas and I don't expect to see Oleksiak, Nemeth, Klingberg, and Jokipakka untill the start of next season and season after.
Ideally I think they should be ready to be legitimate Cup contenders in about 3 years. Playoffs this season is a tossup but if I had to bet on it I'll say they barely get in assuming Kari is healthy the rest of the season.
It's really a great time to be a Stars fan. They're still rebuilding and going through growing pains but the outlook of this organization is super super bright.

I'm expecting them to be mostly inconsistent throughout the whole season but they have enough top level talent that they'll win games against a Boston, SJ etc and go on a good and deep roll. Their blue line is still very suspect but I imagine they'll get a little better. We're seeing Gonchar and Goligoski play a little better now. The kids will continue to develop down in Austin or overseas and I don't expect to see Oleksiak, Nemeth, Klingberg, and Jokipakka untill the start of next season and season after.
Ideally I think they should be ready to be legitimate Cup contenders in about 3 years. Playoffs this season is a tossup but if I had to bet on it I'll say they barely get in assuming Kari is healthy the rest of the season.
It's really a great time to be a Stars fan. They're still rebuilding and going through growing pains but the outlook of this organization is super super bright.

Yeah - this has a very Rangers 2008/2009 feel to it. Just like that group, just need the D (pitchin') to round it all out.

When the Stars gonna get sem pitchin' in here...

• Upvote 1