Pulling for UTSA to beat Tulane in Alamodome Sat.

Harry

Rice did not show up with their best product.

A whole lot of teams, especially their offenses, leave Apogee without showing their best product.

Why do you think that is? Which is the mostly likely:

1) A strange confluence of solar flares and the North Texas area mountain cedar pollen?

2) Apogee was built over a Native American burial ground?

3) A vast right wing media conspiracy?

4) North Texas is a pretty good team?

• Upvote 4

Rice did not show up with their best product. They showed up with a team that would've lost to most CUSA teams. We are peaking, and will peak at UNT.

Just so we're all clear.

Rice plays UTSA, beats UTSA and they bring their best.

Rice plays NT, NT beats Rice, and they didn't bring their best.

tumblr_m9w97nPbDD1qa93vz.gif

• Upvote 3

Just for comparison, and since I did the leg work earlier, here are the BCS rankings of UTSA's and NT's wins:

NT (Idaho 109, Ball St 35, MTSU 70, LaTech 105, USM 121, Rice 51)

UTSA (UNM 112, UTEP 120, UAB 108, Tulsa 107)

Your best win is against #107 Tulsa. We have 4 wins better than that.

Just so we're all clear.

Rice plays UTSA, beats UTSA and they bring their best.

Rice plays NT, NT beats Rice, and they didn't bring their best.

UTSA had some mistakes against Rice that ended up costing us the game... basically, a freebie td on special teams... 2 missed field goals. We did not play our best (these particular mistakes had nothing to do with Rice. They were unforced errors). UTSA beats Rice without these mistakes.

I saw the UNT/Rice game on the tube. Rice played well for the first part of the game (even had a couple score lead), then too gave up unexpected points to UNT. They didn't play their best game against ya'll.

• Downvote 1

Rice played well for the first part of the game (even had a couple score lead), then too gave up unexpected points to UNT.

Yes, Marcus Trice unexpectedly put his helmet on the ball and then Zach Orr unexpectedly picked it up and ran for a touchdown. Then an entire punt block team unexpectedly put a bunch of Owls on their back and The Chancellor unexpectedly put a move on a punter that embarrassed him on national tv.

You are right, I bet Rice didn't expect any of that to happen. Maybe UTSA should have tried some of those things instead of losing to Rice like everyone expected?

• Upvote 1

Just for comparison, and since I did the leg work earlier, here are the BCS rankings of UTSA's and NT's wins:

NT (Idaho 109, Ball St 35, MTSU 70, LaTech 105, USM 121, Rice 51)

UTSA (UNM 112, UTEP 120, UAB 108, Tulsa 107)

Your best win is against #107 Tulsa. We have 4 wins better than that.

Not taking anything away from what y'all have done... giving you huge props in fact.

All I'm stating is that I believe we will give you our best game possible. Offense and defense... even special teams. We will be razor sharp and focused with an extra week of game planning by Coker and his staff. We have the playmakers on our team to win this game.

Edited by warcat

UTSA had some mistakes against Rice that ended up costing us the game... basically, a freebie td on special teams... 2 missed field goals. We did not play our best (these particular mistakes had nothing to do with Rice. They were unforced errors). UTSA beats Rice without these mistakes.

I saw the UNT/Rice game on the tube. Rice played well for the first part of the game (even had a couple score lead), then too gave up unexpected points to UNT. They didn't play their best game against ya'll.

These arguments are weak when delusional CFB fans are blinded by their homerism. Rice lost to the better team. UTSA lost to the better team. What matters is scoreboard. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not taking anything away from what y'all have done... giving you huge props in fact.

All I'm stating is that I believe we will give you our best game possible. Offense and defense... even special teams. We will be razor sharp and focused with a week of game planning by Coker and his staff. We have the playmakers on our team to win this game.

No team in CUSA is good enough to play a bad game and expect to beat anyone else. I think this coaching staff and these players understand that. I have no doubt UTSA will be a challenge but I expect the program will be ready to deal with that challenge.

I expect the line to be somewhere in the 8-12 point range.

Then I have no problem with you.

I think this will become a big rivalry. No matter how much UNT90 would hate for that to happen.

The best way to start a rivalry is with the underdog beating you at home!! I'm all for it!

UNT is the class of the CUSA West Division this season... our goal is to beat you. We will bring our best to your house and may the best team that day win and become the CUSA West Champion.

Until then, we need to take care of our business in beating Tulane... that's a challenge in itself. I'll be back on Sunday.

Edited by warcat
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The best way to start a rivalry is with the underdog beating you at home!! I'm all for it!

UNT is the class of the CUSA West Division this season... our goal is to beat you. We will bring our best to your house and may the best team that day win and become the CUSA West Champion.

Until then, we need to take care of our business in beating Tulane... that's a challenge in itself. I'll be back on Sunday.

YouMustBeNewHere.jpg

...and by 'here', I mean college football. Good luck against Tulane. That is a better defense than you think. Don't be too upset, we were surprised too.

Question to all of the UTSA zealots on here... after the hammer meets the nail on Nov.23, will you go away for at least a year?

• Upvote 1