Revised Predictions

BIG DAWG

I voted 8-4 being cautious...but if we beat Rice I think we win out. And if Rice then beats the other green guys, I think our SOS will get us the highest BCS ranking to break the tie if we pull off all of the wins. That's a lot of if, though, so for now...beat Rice!

I voted 8-4 being cautious...but if we beat Rice I think we win out. And if Rice then beats the other green guys, I think our SOS will get us the highest BCS ranking to break the tie if we pull off all of the wins. That's a lot of if, though, so for now...beat Rice!

If BCS ranking is indeed the tiebreaker. There is some confusion surrounding that...

EDIT: This doesn't seem to be official. See post #11 for the official tiebreaker.
Tiebreaker
The following tiebreaker formula is recommended for the Conference USA Football Championship game:
Two-team tie to determine host
1. Highest regular season winning percentage based on overall Conference USA play.
2. If tied, head to head between tied teams.
3. If still tied, team with highest BCS ranking.
Two-team or multiple team tie for divisional champion
1. Highest regular season winning percentage based on overall Conference USA play.
3. If still tied, highest winning percentage within division.
4. If still tied, compare records against divisional opponents in descending order of finish.
5. If still tied, compare records with common cross-divisional opponents.
6. If still tied, compare records against cross-divisional opponents in descending order of finish.
7. If still tied, team with highest BCS ranking.
8. If still tied, the representative will be the team that has not participated in the championship game most recently.
9. If at any point the tie is broken in a multiple team tie, the remaining teams will begin the process again at #2.
Edited by Mean Green 93-98

Tiebreaker

The following tiebreaker formula is recommended for the Conference USA Football Championship game:

Two-team tie to determine host

3. If still tied, team with highest BCS ranking.

I

Two-team or multiple team tie for divisional champion

3. If still tied, highest winning percentage within division.

4. If still tied, compare records against divisional opponents in descending order of finish.

5. If still tied, compare records with common cross-divisional opponents.

6. If still tied, compare records against cross-divisional opponents in descending order of finish.

7. If still tied, team with highest BCS ranking.

8. If still tied, the representative will be the team that has not participated in the championship game most recently.

9. If at any point the tie is broken in a multiple team tie, the remaining teams will begin the process again at #2.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/c-usa/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/tiebraker.pdf

If we end up in a 3 way tie.... we win.

NO one besides Georgia has beat us by more than a TD or FG

Edited by SSP

I couldn't tell if that was from an official site or not.

Now that I look at it, I can see that it's not. These are "recommended," and I have no idea by whom.

Here is the real deal:

C-USA TIEBREAKER

Home field for the C-USA Championship Game will be awarded to the team that posts the highest regular season winning percentage against conference opposition. The first tiebreaker is the winner of a head-to-head match-up. If the two teams did not play during the regular season, the team with the highest BCS ranking would receive the nod.

http://www.conferenceusa.com/championships/08-m-footbl-championship.html

• Upvote 1