UTSA can't even give away tickets

GreenBat

Laugh all you want. Lets revisit this in 5 years and see who's going where and who's doing what!

Will be interesting what happens at UTSA. Once the fans start to realize that they're losing a lot more than winning, that attendance number will dip and people will start not to care and be apathetic. You can only hope they can quickly find a way to win win win.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Will be interesting what happens at UTSA. Once the fans start to realize that they're losing a lot more than winning, that attendance number will dip and people will start not to care and be apathetic. You can only hope they can quickly find a way to win win win.

It's already starting to dip. It's been 25K last two games INCLUDING all the free tickets.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If this happens then we become another UNT right?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You can only hope that you become another UNT. You just need to concentrate on being the best Fifth generation of a University system. Good luck on putting butts in the seats.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Look I am not saying things in Denton are perfect. The best thing that happened to you guys was you have had the opportunity to start from a clean slate and there was some immediate buzz due to it's novelty. That said, we know where that can go if you don't win.

• Upvote 4

Laugh all you want. Lets revisit this in 5 years and see who's going where and who's doing what!

Build a freaking stadium and weight room before coming here and talking smack.

If you didn't have the magical mystical TV market of San Antonio, your ass would be in the Belt with all the other start ups, which is exactly where you belong.

Go lose by 30 to someone.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

So you know what it feels like to be the 5th best in the Metroplex. TCU, SMU, UTA, UTD.

You are the only game in town and the team & school are still second rate.

• Upvote 1

No idea but I love the fried chicken bucket gig and free tickets are greatness. Haters are gonna hate. I hope we beat y'all and win this conference. You wish the same for your team. However, we have a better chance this year.

Outside of that is I know I will burn SA to the ground if I can next year when we play y'all. I tried this in Vegas, New Orleans, Mexico, and a few other places and was defeated. I am confident in my victory in said city. If you serve beer in the stadium I guarantee victory.

• Upvote 1

So much BUTT hurt here. Never said we were a Bama. We already have a dome no need for another stadium. Yes outside of the Spurs we are the only game in town with 1.5 Million population in the metro area. Not doing to bad for a three year old program "Go lose by 30 to someone" you say. Have you heard of bad karma? Some is coming your way!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

So much BUTT hurt here. Never said we were a Bama. We already have a dome no need for another stadium. Yes outside of the Spurs we are the only game in town with 1.5 Million population in the metro area. Not doing to bad for a three year old program "Go lose by 30 to someone" you say. Have you heard of bad karma? Some is coming your way!

Really, nobody here is butt hurt. Other than being located in SA, having a dome stadium for other teams to take advantage of for their own recruiting purposes, there is no benefit in UTSA being in CUSA. But hey it's all good. It'll be a decent trip down every other year watching NT play.

Its not your stadium though. You better hope that the city of San Antonio takes care of its 20 year old stadium if you are going to hitch your cart to a stadium you have little to no control over.
  • Upvote 1

Been saying it all season. Not too bad so far.

The butt hurt is from the guy trying to justify free tickets, no stadium, and no football history.

Keep on justifying, but those facts just don't change.

• Upvote 1

Its not your stadium though. You better hope that the city of San Antonio takes care of its 20 year old stadium if you are going to hitch your cart to a stadium you have little to no control over.

Yes it's ours (football) for the next 25 years. Having said that it was fun playing with you boys and girls. Oh and I hope you WIN Thursday night. TRICK-OR TREAT!!!

• Upvote 1

My Plumm 2.0 post for the week...

This is all so weird. I get that a lot of the pissiness comes from the fact that UTSA has blown up so quickly, but if we had a few promos getting a few more butts in seats we could have a full stadium, so it seems to be redirected angst based on the long-term dissatisfaction with the way our promotions are handled, which is also partially redirected from the spurned desire to bring alumni and fans back into the fold faster, no matter how much they resist. Additionally...aren't there a few other college teams that play in pro stadiums? I love that we have our own, but if the proximity is reasonable, why build another?

Some of Runner's attempts at a "sick burn" were pretty lame, but some of the arguments against UTSA don't add up either, at least to me. For the moment, without assuming UTSA football will either become a complete failure or conversely go gangbusters and pass the rest of the CUSA Texas schools by, let's just view things as what they are. We have a new conference mate from the same state, in a city everyone knows and many either come from or have friends/family who attended...and a great destination for away games. Good for the casual non-fans who have at least heard of UTSA, and good for a good traveling contingent.

When you bump into the millions of people in Texas who are at least generally aware of the school and AREN'T on this site, it will be nice to hear them say in coming years, "Texas-San Antonio is pretty good this year" and you get to reply "Yeah, but we beat them." So I hope they have lots of wins against everybody except us. They grew their program so quickly because they are in a great town with a great market and no other competition. So the more they succeed, the more our games will mean, especially when we win.

As much as you may hate it, when Texan Joe Non-Fan hears about a great UTSA team being beaten by our Mean Green, it will help a lot more than when we beat other directional/satellite schools from other states that only the die-hards know about. Sure, we all know that ECU has been pretty good for a few years now and that FIU is sucking hard, but to most of the people you would like to draw attention from, bragging about those wins will likely just draw a blank stare and possibly a "Where are they again? Is that a Division I school?".

When I worked the Mean Green into random sports talk over the last couple of weeks, the other guys obviously aren't following all of the other teams this season and were really impressed that we beat SMiss and La Tech back-to-back on the road. On a national recognition level, some of our new conference mates help already. But as far as the people in Texas, in the DFW region, all of whom have only a passing knowledge of which schools field teams...San Antonio is a huge city with a UT campus and its own football team. Beating UTSA and UTEP along with Rice or Houston or Texas Tech gets the name recognition which then gets the ball rolling for new fans.

If we're so big on promotions and wanting new fans and season ticket holders, we have to realize that the majority of those people will not be following the divisional conference races, the BCS standings, etc. If they are a potential fan, they are a casual observer whose ears perk up at something familiar. To Texans, San Antonio and UT satellite campuses are familiar. The occasional mention of UTEP or UTSA or Rice on Sports Center when they're having a great season helps pique that interest. True, these casual passers-by are not reading this thread. But if you want a crapload of them to buy tickets and maybe stop by this site someday, a better SOS against successful UT-whatever teams also helps.

So no matter how you feel personally about how we deserve it more or whatever...if we want more fans, more butts in seats, more demand for TV coverage, etc. etc. then we need these teams to kick ass against everybody else, and then we need to beat them.

This kind of reminds me of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade when the dude asks Indy if he wants the grail for "His glory, or for yours." Do you guys want to keep the elite little masochistic club of fans who've weathered the storm of dark days in North Texas Athletics, school spirit, and loyalty small and exclusive? Or do you want us to grow properly, have quality wins and name recognition, return alumni to the fold, retain new alumni and donations, and grow as both a fanbase and an institution?

I'm in this for North Texas. I want the highest quality wins against the highest caliber teams with the greatest name recognition among potential fans possible. Good luck to every team whose name is familiar enough to our alumni and locals to get them to consider coming to a game and possibly even going a step further. And then I hope we beat them and give those people reason to keep paying attention and keep coming back. I wouldn't trade any of you for a few more of them...but I'd definitely like to see the culture change we've all hoped would finally happen.

• Upvote 2

So you know what it feels like to be the 5th best in the Metroplex. TCU, SMU, UTA, UTD.

You probably didn't understand the replies as to how this is a retarded statement. UTA and UTD do not have football programs. As to the other two, Despite TCU's record, they are still in the Big 12-2, so technically they are "better". As for SMU, yeah, they suck.

And the only reason your school has a football team is because the Saints didn't move to San Antonio after Katrina.

Yes it's ours (football) for the next 25 years. Having said that it was fun playing with you boys and girls. Oh and I hope you WIN Thursday night. TRICK-OR TREAT!!!

So y'all aren't even planning to build an on-campus stadium?

So Bush league, and has fail written all over it.

Hope you loss by 30.

Wish it were 70.

You likely have a 25 year lease. The Alamodome is actually owned and operated by the City of San Antonio. The city was likely nice enough to only host 7 to 8 football events during the fall when it easily could have hosted other events like conventions and concerts.