Mean Green in Commercial Real Estate

I had a meeting this morning with an NT alum (class of 1998) at CB Richard Ellis, as I've been working to get into the business.

He told me that there aren't many Mean Green in the world of commercial real estate (in Dallas at least) for a variety of reasons.

So the question I pose to you is, why do you think that is? Anyone know brokers, property managers, etc, in the industry?

For what its worth, he also had no idea the team was 4-3 this year.

• Upvote 1

I had a meeting this morning with an NT alum (class of 1998) at CB Richard Ellis, as I've been working to get into the business.

He told me that there aren't many Mean Green in the world of commercial real estate (in Dallas at least) for a variety of reasons.

So the question I pose to you is, why do you think that is? Anyone know brokers, property managers, etc, in the industry?

For what its worth, he also had no idea the team was 4-3 this year.

If the guy did not know UNT was 4-3 this year so far, I doubt he would know how many UNT grads were in commercial R/E in the DFW area. Doesn't seem too connected to me, but who knows...

• Upvote 2

With the number of alums in the area and in the world, there are NT alums in every single industry possible especially in all aspects of real estate. I took a real estate class with the great John Bain my sr year and he brought a guest who was one of the big whigs for the Staubach company. I remember him talking about quite a few UNT alums work for the company and are quite successful. If I am not mistaken I think he actively encouraged us to network with him and consider working for him.

• Upvote 1

When I went to one of Bataille's Road Trip older alumni fundraisers/"Hey remember where you went to college meetings" in Houston years ago, a bunch of the older alums I met were in real estate.

Including the guy who tipped the valet at the Houston Petroleum Club $100.

It's also where I met an eye doctor alum who started a little grocery store in Houston with his brother. They called it Randall's.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...