weather report for the Rice (or Rica) game...

Andrew

Ease up there, Harold Taft.

Long way away and the forecast will probably change 2 or 3 times between now and then.

Plus, the forecast I have says 50% chance of rain, high 71 low 52, so unless we are playing in the 15th overtime at 5AM the next morning, we ain't gonna see no low 50s.

And 50% means a coin flip.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Mother in law told me the news said it will be very cold and rainy Halloween night. Does this affect the attendance much?

Funny, my mother-in-law told me what a miserable father I was, how I didn't deserve her daughter, and I need to get a job.

So, I guess I'd take a weather report.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Mother in law told me the news said it will be very cold and rainy Halloween night. Does this affect the attendance much?

She's found one week weather forecasts to be accurate? Of course I laughed at the last one. It just blew on through like a bat out of hell.

Edited by eulessismore

One thing I learned from being a pilot. The weather changes quickly. A terminal forecast (24-30 hours) is generally good to go. Not a week out. That being said, the report I looked up for fun said temperature high 64, low 47, winds NNW at 7, and clear. Perfect weather for football. Let's hope it's perfect for Southern Miss, our next game! Remember Southern Miss!

If you don't like the weather in Texas, wait 10 minutes...

Edited by UNTexas

From Steve McCauley's FB page this morning:

"And I thought I would go ahead and give you a rough outlook of next week. Chaos levels ( i.e., the thing that makes it very difficult to forecast more than just a couple days out) remain high with regards to the timing of next week's cold front, but at least there are good indications that the front will bring a high chance of rain to the area.

"But it is the timing that still eludes us. Will it be Wednesday and leave us with a dry Halloween, or will it wait until Halloween itself? Most of the data is favoring Wednesday, but again with chaos levels so high, we can't be sure. Let's just hope the chaos is not showing us phantom rain chances, (i.e., rain chances that aren't really there at all!)"