Ryan Steps Down As Rangers CEO

Not much of a surprise, but Nolan Ryan "retired" as Ranger CEO yesterday. Too bad, guy is a legend. Doubt he is stepping away from baseball, so What's next? Only Round Rock? Doubtful!

Older son is prez of the Astros after all....Nolan says he is not joining Reid in Houston, but could he be enticed enough to do so?

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2

Not much of a surprise, but Nolan Ryan "retired" as Ranger CEO yesterday. Too bad, guy is a legend. Doubt he is stepping away from baseball, so What's next? Only Round Rock? Doubtful!

Older so is prez of the Astros after all....Nolan says he is not joining Reid in Houston, but could he be enticed enough to do so?

Doesn't he have a minority stake in the Rangers? I doubt he would employ himself with Houston in any way... unless he sells.

Ryan "retires". North Texas looking for a coach. :ninja:

That would be something special. If he doesn't want to be UNT's HC, might he be a pitching consultant for the Mean Green?

I can hear the announcers now...."and another pitch blows the batter back after coming in high and tight"! "These Mean Green pitchers sure go after the opposing batters...just like their mentor Nolan Ryan".

Be still my heart!

Hate to see Nolan go, he's a legend, one of my "sports heroes", and an all around good guy. But, he did not do as much in building what the Rangers have become, as many people think. Sure he lent his 2 cents, but a lot of what has been created here has been done by our scouts, Jon Daniels and the rest of the FO. Nolan was a figure head, that's about it. Hate to see him leaving, but I don't think this will hurt the Rangers all that much. And just in case you were wondering, the Ballpark will continue to sell all of those fine Nolan Ryan meat products, so no need to worry about that.

• Upvote 2