Angst for mtsu

SHOSS

So, the source of the rivalry with mtsu comes from them claiming a share of the sunbelt title in 2001 when we were clearly the outright conference winner. Right? Just wanted to make sure I had my facts straight.

I am being a nerd and watching the ecu at mtsu game that I DVRed from last week and saw a list of sun belt titles they have claimed that included 2001 and 2006.

Please feel free to correct me or expand on this... Think I heard George say on the ticket that mtsu got rings made and everything.... Even chuckled a bit on the air about it.

• Upvote 1

We each had one conference loss. But because their loss was to us, we represented the Sunbelt. They had a much better overall record that year, something like 7 or 8 wins. Our record that year was 5-6 going into the bowl game (we had to have special dispensation to go).....5-7 after the game. Their angst was that they believed that they would have been a much better representative of the conference than us. But in overall record and in the uni's they wore.

• Upvote 1

So, the source of the rivalry with mtsu comes from them claiming a share of the sunbelt title in 2001 when we were clearly the outright conference winner. Right? Just wanted to make sure I had my facts straight.

I am being a nerd and watching the ecu at mtsu game that I DVRed from last week and saw a list of sun belt titles they have claimed that included 2001 and 2006.

Please feel free to correct me or expand on this... Think I heard George say on the ticket that mtsu got rings made and everything.... Even chuckled a bit on the air about it.

That's a big part of it. I also never liked them after one of their players teed off on Jamel Branch on two punt returns in the game (think he got ejected), not sure Branch was the same player after that...

Never mind all that from last decade, but today we have our work cut out for us more than I think most seem to be admitting.

Already said this before, but they have a speed merchant of a running back who can score anytime he touches the ball and when

their QB is on.... .he is flat on.

This will be a close game today, folks. I would be happy with a 1 point win if we win.

GMG

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1