Mean green going to playing over their heads?

UNT 04

On a few current occasion I've seen the mean green play above their heads. I would like to think this is one of those opportunities where everyone wants to prove their better than the guy across from them. If the mean green build some steam and start feeding off each others impact plays then I believe will win!

Yeah, I have made it a point to watch Georgia this year. That Gurley is one tough mother to tackle. Their qb also looks quite good with some awesome targets to throw to. Our d line being undersized will also be a huge issue in this one. The qb will likely have lots of time to get rid of the ball, and the rb's will likely have lots of room to run.

We will see. I think the guys will show lots of character and give it their best in a hostile environment...even though, I'm sure the environment won't be nearly as hostile as it will be for a conference school. If we have learned one thing about this edition of the mean green, they have character. No matter the situation, they will scratch and claw...

We all know what they are stepping into this weekend. I will watch, record, and rewatch no matter what the results are. There will have to some fairly amazing circumstances for the mean green to hang in there and make this a game. Hopefully the guys play with that same fire and character till the final whistle. Most of all, I just hope that we come out with ZERO injuries.

I have been pleasantly surprised that most of the SEC schools have NOT run up the score. The only time I've seen a school run it up was OU... stoops had an axe to grind coming off the boise state loss and hearing too much about the much hyped todd dodge coming in...

The first half of the kansas state game was one of the biggest highlights of last season. Lets hope we have some silver linings to come out of this game.

I have been pleasantly surprised that most of the SEC schools have NOT run up the score. The only time I've seen a school run it up was OU... stoops had an axe to grind coming off the boise state loss and hearing too much about the much hyped todd dodge coming in...

Hey Hoss--Generally speaking, you're right. We didn't really give LSU a chance to run up the score on us last year--they scored as much in the 4th as in any other quarter. But OU did not run up the score--they easily could have hung 100 on us if they wanted. They were up on us 49-0 at the half. They didn't have a single passing TD in the second half. They just took what we forced them to take.

The only time I really remember anyone trying to run up the score is when K-State under Ron Prince kicked a field goal with time winding down instead of taking a knee.

We'll have to do more than play above our heads to win this game. We'd have to have a lot of things go our way. I don't expect it, but I'll be pulling for it to happen.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98