Why Isn't Ex UNT/NFL Great Cedric Hardman In 2 HOF's?

PlummMeanGreen

....that would be both the Texas Sports Hall of Fame and the NFL Hall of Fame, too. This is a travesty.

Read Cedrick Hardman's Wikipedia bio page link below and I think you will wonder why, too.

Cedrick still has the San Francisco 49'ers all time sacks record all these years later.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedrick_Hardman celebrationslideshow-hardman.jpg

165_Cedrick_Hardman_football_card.jpgCedric-Hardman-1971-Topps-149-Rookie-Car

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't we have a heavy arts component at UNT? We should get someone over in the arts section of the schools to make busts of the NTSU legends to display at Apogee.

That's my suggestion of the day. Tune in tomorrow.

You might just be surprised soon!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guess first things first.........anyone have friends or ties with any Texas Sports Hall of Fame official in Waco?

Never got to watch Cedrick Hardman "live" at UNT except on one ABC-TV game (versus Tulsa U in a game we won) and that when I was in high school down in Houston area, but the guy could probably run circles around some already in our states's special sports HOF.

Will also point out that some of that group in the TSHOF may have never even had some of the NFL acclaim our guy did. The San Fransciso 49'ers kept records on all time sacks back then and guess who still has their all time record in that department, too? :)

Who can we call to get this campaign started? Does our alma mater's movers & shakers (maybe along with Mean Joe) need to take a special trip down to Waco? Sometimes this kind of thing can move things along much faster with that kind of trip.

GMG!

PS: Isn't Cedrick part of pre-game festivities this Saturday evening, too?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

If it was not for Greene, many would be praising Hardman as the best defensive lineman ever at NT. He was a first round draft choice and had a great pro career, but had the misfortune from a fan adulation standpoint of being on the same team as Greene.

Sack stats back than were not a big deal like they are now, his numbers are simply unbelievable.

• Upvote 2

If it was not for Greene, many would be praising Hardman as the best defensive lineman ever at NT. He was a first round draft choice and had a great pro career, but had the misfortune from a fan adulation standpoint of being on the same team as Greene.

Sack stats back than were not a big deal like they are now, his numbers are simply unbelievable.

Absolutely...

The NFL may not have been keeping records on sacks back in that era, but the 49'ers sure were back then and still have former North Texas Mean Green great Cedrick Hardman as their all time sacks leader.

Someone has dropped the ball big time on not campaigning for Cedrick Hardman's inclusion in both the Texas Sports Hall of Fame and the NFL Hall of Fame. Like everything else has become today thanks to a certain politically correct group of "would be" do-gooders,

OK, I'll moderate myself...no politics. :)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Bump...

Again, some of Cedrick's friends are in town and maybe online here for the first time?

Sometimes, it only takes the right one to get a campaign started to get Cedrick Hardman in the above 2 mentioned HOF's that he should (quite frankly) already be in.

GMG!

If anyone sees Abner Haynes and if he has a minute tell him "ol' Jim Plummer" in Section 208, Seat 'twenty somethin'' would dearly love to see and talk to him once again on this side of the River. After all, I've noticed none of us are getting any younger.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 1

I remember Hardman when he was with the 49ers. There is a Sports Illustrated article on him with a photo of him standing on the hood of his car, he was a solid and dependable DE, but i'm not sure he's good enough for the pro HOF. Excellent candidate for the Texas Sports HOF, however.

I seem to recall that Cedrick had some kind of illness that interrupted his pro career for a season.

Edited by Varsity

Fact is...the NFL scouts recognized an NFL #1 draft choice talent and it's obvious he used them quite well as a 49'er and then as a Raider at the end of his career.

Without naming names, I know of a few old SWC slower than hell white boys in the Texas Sports Hall of Fame who merely had good connections with the Good Ol' Boy network which we all know existed with that crowd. Cedrick Hardman could have run circles around most all of that group. Note: Newbie' GMG.com posters, I am caucasian so I can say what I just said above about the "slower than hell white boys." :cool44:

SUMG just told me that Cedrick Hardman once had 11 sacks in one game against (he thought it was) the U of Louisville (of which North Texas holds the all time W/L football series record versus the 'Cards).

GMG!

PS: Had no idea about Cedricks' illness or even what it was which only cost him 1 year, but didn't ex NY Giant greatLawrence Taylor also have an illness which didn't keep him out of the NFLHOF; yet it was still his undeniable talents which got him an induction?

The San Francisco 49'ers all time sacks record held by Cedrick Hardman stand on their own and speak for themselves plus it seemed important enough to that particular NFL franchise that they kept such stats. Hopefully, the NFL selection committee will duly note such. There is still time for our guy to get into the NFL HOF.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Sir Cedrick Hardman got in the NFL's HOF first and would still be in-waiting for a Texas Sports Hall of Fame invite?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen