Another year without

H-towngreen

One other distinction between FCS and FBS. Even though the initial qualifier standards are the same, the schools are not. There are very few schools in FBS where you can meet the bare minimum for Division I and not require special admission. Getting special admission varies widely. I know that ASU coaches have been told to back off certain players who looked to meet NCAA standards because for one reason or another gaining special admission was unlikely. If you are a coach and think two different players are roughly equal and one is barely going to make it in and the other won't have any trouble, you go with the safer bet.

In FCS there are far more schools where you can be admitted with credentials below the NCAA standard. That won't make you eligible but the FCS coach is more likely to stick with you.

• Upvote 1

I didn't know they started sponsoring football. As long as it doesn't take away from their varsity horseshoe team.

That's not far from my initial reaction, which was, "Well, at least with that one, we don't have to ask, 'Where the heck is that?'."

• Upvote 1

I guess based on some of these posts, that FB schools should never play fcs schools because the fcs just have too many advantages. Yes, like twenty something less ships and usually huge differences in funding as well as always getting to play away.

UNT hasn't had many pro players recently because the program has been awful except for a couple of years since reentering the FB division. When your recruiting is near the bottom and you have at least average academic standards for athletes than you are not likely to have a lot of pro players. It is kind of amazing that NT doesn't have more just on the laws of average but there are a lot of great college players that don't have pro careers.

• Upvote 1