Ugh.....just Jerry being Jerry. Trade down which I was ok with in theory, but we didn't get proper value in return. We pass up on SylvestervWilliams and Shairif Floyd who end up going just before our 31st pick. We then pick a center we could've had with our 2nd round pick. I'm glad we addressed the line but...geez. I'd like to see us nab one of these two safeties with our second, Jonathsn Cyprian or Shamarko Thomas. With the two 3rds I'd like a Dtnand another Olinemen, would love to snag Barrett Jones if possible.

• Upvote 3

Both Jerry and Jason Garrett seemed super at the press conference following the draft last night. They messed up and they know it. When they asked Jerry why they only got a mid third to jump back 13 spots and what their trade card said he said they won that trade, yet every trade card out there says we got hosed. If you would have told me two days ago we were getting a offensive lineman, I would have jumped through the roof, I just didn't expect it to be a center whos projected to be a 3rd rounder. And I wouldn't expect us to fall 13 spots for a freaking mid 3rd, we didn't even get a late 5th or something, that would have made it more understandable at least.

Shariff Floyd better be a huge bust. I thought they were going to do something somewhat smart this year, why? I don't know...

• Upvote 1

We did it again. Draft a TE that was projected in 3rd or 4th round when numerous player at positions of need available. This draft is going to get an F from anyone

It shocks me that anyone is shocked at terrible personnel decisions continually made by the Cows.

Jerry on the verge of senility.

We did it again. Draft a TE that was projected in 3rd or 4th round when numerous player at positions of need available. This draft is going to get an F from anyone

Don't know a thing about this TE, but TE was a position of need for the Cowboys.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I love Lance, but I think Denver got a steal with the running back from Wisconsin. I would have taken that kid in a heart beat over an overrated TE that will at best be a second teamer.

I don't love the pick but a 2nd TE isn't necessarily a second teamer. Would you consider either Gronk or Hernandez second teamers in New England?

• Upvote 1

I don't love the pick but a 2nd TE isn't necessarily a second teamer. Would you consider either Gronk or Hernandez second teamers in New England?

How many teams use a 2 TE set anywhere near the way the Pats do? I'd love for it to work here. Escobar has some big ole mitts like Gronk.

• Upvote 1

I'm not opposed to bringing in a tight end but getting him in the effing 2nd round was ridiculous. Witten and Hannah were fine and if you wanted to pick up a TE in the 7th round or perhaps as an undrafted free agent that was the route to go. The first 4 picks should have been any combination of 2 o-lineman and 2 d-lineman. Again Jerry doesn't have a clue on how to draft. I didn't mind the Frederick pick but they got fleeced and by all indication would have been there in the 2nd and 3rd round. But it's the same ol story with America's Team. Thank God there are other teams in the metroplex that isn't dysfunctional organizationally as the Cowboys that we can all really root for and have some sort of hope. As for the Webb pick who knows. He probably has to be developed and I was completely fine with Church and Scandrick. This pick indicated to me that they're probably close to giving up on last year's pick in Matt Johnson. Again it's just Jerry being effing Jerry.

How many teams use a 2 TE set anywhere near the way the Pats do? I'd love for it to work here. Escobar has some big ole mitts like Gronk.

We wasted a second on Martellus Bennett to try this 12 offense and we've done it again this year, I'm not saying the kid will fail but the whole premise just seems to defy logic. For years and years we have heard them justify their reaching for project players, at some point the scouting staff needs to be replaced when those projects repeatedly fail.

Jerry continues to refer to the d line as a strength. Where are the ******* players who are strengths? Wouldn't it make 8000x more sense to draft a replacement for your aging DIU stricken d-line then an additional TE for personnel reasons. Hankins was there at 47 (Went to Giants at 48) Floyd was there at 18. I guess we can hope that somehow Jery Jr. has watched all these mistakes over the last 18 years and is taking note of what NOT to do. I can't fathom the thought of playoff-less football for much longer.

• Upvote 1