Draft Profiles, Week 3: Tony Mitchell

Harry

The saddest thing about this thread is seeing good UNT fans not only bash the most talented basketball player to put on a uniform for the Mean Green in the last 30 years, but openly hope that he doesn't succeed in the NBA just so they can point their finger and say "see, I told you it wasn't Benford's fault."

Even this program's fans are dysfunctional.

And all you are doing is attempting to justify your dislike of Tony Benford by placing any blame of Tony Mitchells failures on him (Benford). Is it any different? You want Mitchell to suceed to prove it was Benford. It goes both ways so get off then high horse and give it up. Let's just cheer on the players and the coaches and hold them all accountable going forward.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Is it possible that he was told last year that he would not likely be a first round pick so he decided to return for another year and try to improve his status?

Or was he a consensus lottery pick that chose to forgo the riches of the NBA for a chance to play for benfryzewski?

I guess we can only hope Andrew get a chance to talk to mrs. Mitchell so we can unwrap this mystery.

I never said I personally talked to his mom. But I am sorry I should never associate myself with anyone. Instead I should sit on the boards and play the conspiracy theory game.

And all you are doing is attempting to justify your dislike of Tony Benford by placing any blame of Tony Mitchells failures on him (Benford). Is it any different? You want Mitchell to suceed to prove it was Benford. It goes both ways so get off then high horse and give it up. Let's just cheer on the players and the coaches and hold them all accountable going forward.

Wrong, as usual, Andrew.

I want Mitchell to succeed because he attended UNT and will represent UNT in the NBA next year (hopefully). Perhaps you missed my earlier thread that showed that almost everyone on the team this year that was a contributor last year had worse stats. After a year of seasoning. So, yes, statistically it bears out that Benford did not get the best out of his players and I do hold Benford accountable for that.

Remind me again, how many years did Benford attend UNT?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The saddest thing about this thread is seeing good UNT fans not only bash the most talented basketball player to put on a uniform for the Mean Green in the last 30 years, but openly hope that he doesn't succeed in the NBA just so they can point their finger and say "see, I told you it wasn't Benford's fault."

Even this program's fans are dysfunctional.

That's funny, I've had the feeling that you would like to see the team do poorly next year just so your predictions will come true.

• Upvote 2

That's funny, I've had the feeling that you would like to see the team do poorly next year just so your predictions will come true.

Not at all. I hope Benford completely changes his coaching style, stops yelling such inspirational nuggets from the bench such as "Go up strong, Jacob!!!! We went over that in practice!!!!", stops an inane substitutionm pattern, thinks and not reacts during a game, and recruits talent in here that can beat bettter competition.

The odds of this happening? I'd put it at less than 2%.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

It means you find it perfectly fine to criticize basketball player's character and effort, yet have a complete double standard for football players, especially football QBs.

I wonder what you could have in common with football QBs that you don't with basketball players. But, then again, I haven't seen you question Niko's effort... ever...

Wow, now playing the race card when race has absolutely nothing to do with it. I should be surprised you went this route, but I'm not.

I won't even try to clarify my points that you are way, way off base on because you will twist it into something to fit your agenda which now includes the race card. I would post my true feelings but don't feel like getting banned.