Taking a look at where UNT stands in recruiting

Harry

We are about to head down the home stretch in football recruiting season, which pretty much amounts to life and death in college football. You either have the players or you don’t.

So where does UNT stand and what are the storylines to follow the next few weeks? Here’s the way I see it. Let’s start with what UNT has in terms of players who will count towards its class of 20. Here is the list:

UNT commits
QB (2) — Brock Berglund, Valor Christian (Colo.)*, Dajon Williams, Pflugerville Connally
CB (2) — Chad Davis, Fort Bend Bush; James Jones, Kilgore College
DE (1) — Quenton Brown, Eastern Arizona CC
LB (4) — Sed Ellis, Paris; Sergio Medina, Hahnville, La.; Calvin Minor, Lewisville; Fred Scott, Kennedale
OL (5) — Justin Manu, Snow College (Utah); Shawn McKinney, Trinity Valley JC; Cody Nelson, Keller; Harrison Sorge, Wichita Falls Rider; Dominic Walker, Fort Bend Austin
S (1) — John Schilleci, Guyer;
WR (2) — Darvin Kidsy, Fort Bend Elkins; Turner Smiley, Frisco Wakeland
* Transfer currently enrolled at UNT

Transfers who don’t count toward the 20 players in UNT’s class
S (1) — Zed Evans

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/01/taking-a-look-at-where-unt-stands-in-recruiting.html/

One DL in this class isn't going to cut it. Plus, shouldn't Medina be listed as a safety and Scott as a FB?

Scott was definitely recruited as a LB, the only question is whether inside or outside. I can't imagine Coach Mac signing a true fullback anyway.

Medina has primarily been mentioned as a LB, although Rivals shows him as a safety. I could also see him at RB.

Dude! I was going to make a thread just like this! Darn you Vito, you beat me to the punch.

I know I'm going to sound like a broken record, but I'm surprised Vito hasn't figured out that Kaydon Kirby has passed Boone Feldt up. We'll see for sure in spring, but that has been the case with or without Boone's injury problem.

Either way, we definitely need some d-lineman heading into this stretch. The good thing is we redshirted 4 freshman defensive tackles last year (Mcdorman, Watson, Wallace, and Haboul) and 3 freshman defensive ends (Roberts, Dilonga, and Horton).

I have a question though; is Medina going to be a linebacker or safety? This board seemed to be in agreement that he would be a safety but Vito listed him as a linebacker.