Justin Patton

NT03

One positive I'll take from last night , I thought JP looked good. I don't think he is 100% yet , but he looks close.

Would love to see him get extended minutes and not subbed in for 2 minutes at a time. Maybe then we can get a better idea of what exactly he can bring to the table

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 3

One positive I'll take from last night , I thought JP looked good. I don't think he is 100% yet , but he looks close.

Would love to see him get extended minutes and not subbed in for 2 minutes at a time. Maybe then we can get a better an idea of what exactly he can bring to the table

He did look good. With any other coach I would say that maybe he was only given short runs to let him work his way back into the game/playing shape. Seeing as how it's Benford though I'm going with the fact that he hit a couple of shots and Benford figured that was enough out of him.

I am really amazed at how people are calling for Benford to be fired. Give the guy a couple of seasons first! Also, why the worry about Tony's points. Aren't his strengths defense (blocking shots and rebounds?). Seems like we need to get everyone else involved more. Good to see there was some progress last night though. I can't wait as the season progresses.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

I am really amazed at how people are calling for Benford to be fired. Give the guy a couple of seasons first! Also, why the worry about Tony's points. Aren't his strengths defense (blocking shots and rebounds?). Seems like we need to get everyone else involved more. Good to see there was some progress last night though. I can't wait as the season progresses.

At least Andrew will have some company.

• Upvote 1

Coleman seems to be a project at best. Niko has apparently never impressed either set of coaches. That leaves NT with few options at the 5 other than Mitchell. Mitchell is not a center, he is a great jumper and rebounder but doesn't fare well in the middle were double teams and collaspe defenses are easy. He gets too easily flustered and really doesn't have an inside game.

Mitchell is a power forward not a three or five. He is NT best player by far so play him in his best position. Holmen doesn't want to play inside, but I would try him at the 5. He is big and athletic and in his senior year should like to find a place he can contribute. Patton is another possibility, he is not big but he is quick. Last game, Benford had Franklin guarding a 6'9 player; so on defense he was the 5. if Holmen or Patton can't play the 5. let Franklin play it.

My point, try something to get Mitchell involved.

This

• Downvote 2

He will not have more talent in "a couple of seasons" than he has now.

You do realize that he is taking a team that was the unanamous choice to win the Sun Belt West and turning it into a 12 win team, do you not?

You need to watch him on the bench during games. Watch the coach, not the game. Complete panic mode. Why we hired someone with such a steep learning curve is beyond me.

For those that picked up on Benfords substitution pattern during the early part of the season, and now seem to continue to parrot how he is subbing too much, including the last game, help me understand this

Outside of our top 6 players, who all played 20 minutes or more, Holmen played 10 minutes, Niko 3, Coleman 6, Hardwick 6, Overlander 1. How is it possible to have all the substitutions occurring that most on here claim, yet only 6 players played any significant minutes?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For those that picked up on Benfords substitution pattern during the early part of the season, and now seem to continue to parrot how he is subbing too much, including the last game, help me understand this

Outside of our top 6 players, who all played 20 minutes or more, Holmen played 10 minutes, Niko 3, Coleman 6, Hardwick 6, Overlander 1. How is it possible to have all the substitutions occurring that most on here claim, yet only 6 players played any significant minutes?

10 + 10 = 20

2+4+2+2+3+5+2 also = 20

Minutes played does not indicate sub patterns or lineups.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 3

Like words, meanmags post shows that numbers mean things.

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Benford literally subs off the top of his head. I honestly think he has no concept of how long a player has been in a game when he pulls him out.

Completely lost.

I think that Benford waits until the announcer excitedly mentions the player's name to determine when to sub him out.