McMahon Tweet on Mitchell

UNTflyer

These guys have been reading their press coverage. None of them could hit a bull in the ass with a brushpile last night. I saw no sense of urgency, they were just going through the motions. UTA wanted it! You can trash Benford or RV or anyone you like but they will never handle the ball and put up a shot. It is on the players and they are proving to be overrated, IMHO.

LOL!! No.

For everyone thinking that Mitchell is losing draft stock, I can only beg to differ.

Tony Mitchell's draft stock is high and will remain high simply by what he did this summer and all of the buzz around him at the Amare and LeBron camps. NBA personnel were there and saw what he can do when competent people are handling him.

However, if he's gonna be a 3 in the league... those airball 3's will need to stop and he'll need to get back to his 50% shooting from there.

So much truth in this statement. The only way he can get a touch is to go to the 3 point line.

That's anyone in the paint... Coleman hustled against cameron was usually the first one down on offense and was never fed the ball. Hell last night the only touch he got was when he got a rebound. But then of course, he got a foul for going over the back and was benched. Mitchell last night would only get fed the ball when he came out of the paint and then would just pass it off.

I understand it's hard to drive when the other teams load 4 guys in the paint and just dare you to take an outside shot, but damn! THere were plenty of times last night Coleman or Mitchell could have been fed the ball for an easy turn around 2ft shot, except they were busy looking for the next guy on the arc to pass to. For a supposedly lotto pick I haven't seen Mitchell out muscle anyone this season. At least he had a little fire when tried to keep Benford from taking him out after a foul when he tried to block Reves.

LOL!! No.

For everyone thinking that Mitchell is losing draft stock, I can only beg to differ.

Tony Mitchell's draft stock is high and will remain high simply by what he did this summer and all of the buzz around him at the Amare and LeBron camps. NBA personnel were there and saw what he can do when competent people are handling him.

However, if he's gonna be a 3 in the league... those airball 3's will need to stop and he'll need to get back to his 50% shooting from there.

I wasn't really thinking about TM or any specific player. Collectively, they crapped in the nest and didn't show much TEAM. I would never intentionally dog on any specific player in any UNT sport, so if I gave that impression I apologize to all. They ARE kids and they don't have it together yet. Maybe we allowed the press to heighten our expectations too far for this team this year.

Alzee was shooting free throws at like 85%+ last year. Now he's shooting at 60%. So you're right, WTF happened there?

Every aspect of the ball leaving an offensive player's hand is worse this year.

This team had shooting problems last year, nothing was done to fix the problems and they have gotten worse. That's what happens when problems are ignored.

This team just flat out isn't very good. They can't run a half court offense at all. They can't get Tony the ball in the post, and when they do he is triple teamed and they still can't take advantage of it. They can't figure out how to create offense against a simple zone. Their passes around the perimeter are pointless. The coaching is a big problem. There doesn't seem to be any purpose or direction to anything they do on the floor. Some of the lowest basketball IQ's I've seen. And the turnovers...My God! They have some athletes, but they aren't being utilized in a productive way. There doesn't seem to be a system where guys know where they are supposed to be and what to do according to how the d plays them. It looks like they just roll the ball out and play. Also discouraging that they aren't able to create they own drives or shots. Hell, they cant hit open shots anyway. Unless they turn it around quickly don't expect much from this team.

• Upvote 1

These guys have been reading their press coverage. None of them could hit a bull in the ass with a brushpile last night. I saw no sense of urgency, they were just going through the motions. UTA wanted it! You can trash Benford or RV or anyone you like but they will never handle the ball and put up a shot. It is on the players and they are proving to be overrated, IMHO.

I agree.

The good teams find a way to win, regardless...

• Upvote 2

The sign of a good coach is that the team is greater than the sum of its parts. Based on that, Benford has started off horribly. Look at the UTA team, not a player on a pure talent basis that should be able to hang with Tony, Chris or Jordan yet they dominated. A no name to most, Polish kid was the best player on the court.