Marshall Fans comment on C-USA changes

Harry

I believe there is a core of CUSA that is not going anywhere and the truth is the core is pretty darn good. If you build a league around:

North Texas

Louisiana Tech

Marshall

Southern Miss

Middle Tennessee

Western Kentucky

FIU

I think you have a solid league with these players and you add on from there. First up would be ULL with La Tech's support. I left UTSA, Rice, Texas State, UTEP and Tulsa out because to me they are all volatile or targets for other conferences. I would say we are too, but I say utilize the reputable CUSA conference tag and build strategically with smarts. Think football first and with that said I think you may also look at Troy and FAU. I think UTSA and Texas State water down the league only because they are brand new.

Here is a question that may have been asked already but I did not see it. If SMU goes to the Big East does the East come after us? Do we jump on that mess or plant some roots with our new patch?

GMG

• Upvote 1

I believe there is a core of CUSA that is not going anywhere and the truth is the core is pretty darn good. If you build a league around:

North Texas

Louisiana Tech

Marshall

Southern Miss

Middle Tennessee

Western Kentucky

FIU

I think you have a solid league with these players and you add on from there. First up would be ULL with La Tech's support. I left UTSA, Rice, Texas State, UTEP and Tulsa out because to me they are all volatile or targets for other conferences. I would say we are too, but I say utilize the reputable CUSA conference tag and build strategically with smarts. Think football first and with that said I think you may also look at Troy and FAU. I think UTSA and Texas State water down the league only because they are brand new.

Here is a question that may have been asked already but I did not see it. If SMU goes to the Big East does the East come after us? Do we jump on that mess or plant some roots with our new patch?

GMG

UTSA and Texas State have passed us by?

• Upvote 1

I totally disagree that the newbies have passed us by. We have tradition, have been bowling, have oustanding facilities and a real coach. We need to win NOW, but so does every other program. I am hopeful that what Dan is building here will last for a long time. I want an identity for my team. We have a rich tradition but some people only see the losses and not the work that players and fans have put into this program. I walk around with my Mean Green gear and always get a Go Mean Green, Caw or Talon in the air when walking through the airports. We have a lot to be proud of. The new programs do as well but not at this level. Not yet. I have seen SWT beat us before but never UTSA so there is no way I can say they have passed us by. Further they would have to go bowling, win a bowl game...before they sniff our recent success. Throw in our wins over the SWC in the 80's, playoff runs, win at #8 Tennessee and players in the NFL - we have a lot to be proud of.

Glory to the Green!!!!!

• Upvote 1

North Texas

Louisiana Tech

Marshall

Southern Miss

Middle Tennessee

Western Kentucky

FIU

GMG

So are you suggesting we be in another conference with no Texas teams or any real regional rivals?