Brent Osborn News from Vito

Harry

I'd ride the year out for the free grad school.

Why when he could go to grad school at a FCS school on scholarship (I don't think he would have a chance to start at a BCS school), get a chance to start, and still be in a grad program?

He doesn't have to sit a year, no matter where he goes.

• Upvote 1

So he played two years of JUCO, played in a couple of games in 2011, some pointed out that he played in a couple of games this year. How does he have any eligibility left?

2009 - Georgia Southern RS year Transfered after coaching change to the same offense that Georgia Tech runs. May 2010

2010 - Northwest Miss Junior College Graduated with A.S. Degree Dec 2010 RS Freshman

2011 - UNT RS Soph.

2012 - UNT RS Junior B.S. Degree Dec 2012

2013 - ? RS Senior in football

Edited by ValleyBoy
  • Upvote 3

Don't forget that Derik Thompson already has his degree and could do the same thing if he decides that he is not going to be the starter next year OR if he decides that it is just time to get on with the rest of his life. We could be losing both our quarterbacks with playing experience before the start of next year. Wouldn't THAT be interesting?

I think Derek likes it here and I believe he has already started graduate school so I'm hoping he will stay but thanks for throwing a new monkey wrench into this Huff lol.

Don't forget that Derik Thompson already has his degree and could do the same thing if he decides that he is not going to be the starter next year OR if he decides that it is just time to get on with the rest of his life. We could be losing both our quarterbacks with playing experience before the start of next year. Wouldn't THAT be interesting?

No he can't because he has already started grad school here at UNT. He can't say another school has his grad program and UNT doesn't.

How is a guy who can't beat out Derek Thompson going to go to another FBS program and play for a year?

I guess he could get lucky and find the perfect situation at somewhere like UTSA, but serious PT at the FBS level might be difficult to find considering all the splinters he has collected around here the last couple of years. Then again, I guess it's possible that we have not given him a fair chance to show what he can do in a game situation. Either way, I hope it works out.