the unt streaker

Travis Scott

The student side thought it was hilarious. Although, I'd have to agree that if you're going to do it......go all out. If you aren't painted completely green and you're not completely naked.....you're a waste of time and effort for the police to deal with.

Not all of them. A lot of us were pissed off. Especially when we have the ball and its 3rd & 5. Its a distraction to the players and makes our university look bad.
  • Upvote 2

UNTPD are licensed and certified peace officers of the State of Texas. No different than Denton PD.

ETA: Unlike some other states, there are no "tiers" of peace officers in Texas. You either are or are not. University PD is.

Right. And they can be the arresting agency that initiates felony criminal trespassing charges through the Denton Co. DA's office.

I was looking at the east end zone and when I turned my head back to the field, poof, he was there. Did he jump out of the student section?

The only comments I heard from those around me, including a guy who said he was a professor, was to the effect of, "If you're going to do that, go naked with "Hi Mom" painted across the cheeks. And no, that's not what we used to call "streaking". And even so, that never rose to the level of those caught doing it (yeah, I knew one woman who just happened to streak up to the Dean of Students) not being able to get good jobs.

Edited by eulessismore

Right. And they can be the arresting agency that initiates felony criminal trespassing charges through the Denton Co. DA's office.

I was looking at the east end zone and when I turned my head back to the field, poof, he was there. Did he jump out of the student section?

Maybe I was getting confused with traffic type violations and whether or not they become part of the public record. However, to the point of the felony tresspass, could the campus pd choose not to press charges and the Denton PD would have no jurisdiction over whether or not to press charges?

Edited by CurveItAround

No? Aren't the university police a private police force that are afforded jurisdiction over university matters unless it is considered a major crime at which point Denton police would have jurisdiction? Maybe I am way off base here, but I thought that is the way it was (or used to be).

As was stated, they are fully licensed peace officers with the same authority as every other peace officer. Tickets are real and go on your record. Any arrest is real, and you go to real jail. No paddling or time outs.

Maybe I was getting confused with traffic type violations and whether or not they become part of the public record. However, to the point of the felony tresspass, could the campus pd choose not to press charges and the Denton PD would have no jurisdiction over whether or not to press charges?

It's up to the DA, and I would suspect that it'll probably be reduced to misdemeanor trespass and a small fine. He'll likely also get it adjudicated in a deferred manner, if he hasn't been a bad boy in the past and is smart enough to hire a decent attorney. BS things like that usually go away completely if you follow the right path and open up your pocketbook.

• Upvote 1

It's up to the DA, and I would suspect that it'll probably be reduced to misdemeanor trespass and a small fine. He'll likely also get it adjudicated in a deferred manner, if he hasn't been a bad boy in the past and is smart enough to hire a decent attorney. BS things like that usually go away completely if you follow the right path and open up your pocketbook.

Hopefully I have been able to demonstrate my complete lack of understanding of how this police'n thing works. Despite my many hours of watching Law & Order at 4am.