The Hounds Of Hell

Although his stats aren't as great as the other two, I like Byrd. ALOT. I like the idea of him pounding the middle of the defense to start the game and wear down the opposing D-Line & LB's. Then, Jimmerson and Brown can make the big plays in the second half...

In my opinion, because he doesn't break the huge runs, Byrd is taken for granted.

I like Brown running off-tackle or sweeps, but I don't really like him running up the middle. He's not very effective up the middle, but he has the jets to get outside and turn the corner in a hurry.

Jimmerson... what can you say? The guy is not speedy, he gets run down from behind often, but in order to get run down from behind, he must be shifty enough at the LOS to get by the D-Line & LB's. Then, as he proved 2 times on the long TD RACs, he can shift and make guys miss once he is caught from behind.

A perfect 3-headed monster.

• Upvote 4

In mythology, the three-headed dog guarding the gates of hell. At UNT, the three running backs who punish opponents:

Brandin Bryd: 123 rushes, 468 yards, 2 TDs / 9 receptions, 48 yards

Antoinne Jimmerson: 76 rushes, 402 yards, 3 TDs / 7 receptions, 181 yards, 2 TDs

Jeremy Brown: 46 rushes, 235 yards, 2 TDs / 3 receptions, 58 yards

TOTAL through 7 games:

245 rushes

1,105 yards

8 TDs

19 receptions

287 yards

2 TDs

Together, they average 157.8 yards rushing per game. Throw in the occasional reception, and they are giving us almost 200 yards (198.8) of offense per game.

MEMO TO ALL: A good run game can be as exciting and effective as the spread offense. And, I say, moreso because it keeps the opposing defense on the field longer.

Kudos to Jeremy, Antoinne, and Brandin (JAB) for their hard work. Kudos to Mike Grant and Chico Canales for having these guys ready and creating an effective game plan for them.

And, of course, kudos to Mike Simmonds and Kent Riddle for having the offensive line and tight ends creating the wholes for the Hounds to run through.

a good run game can be exciting and effective. #wkuwestcoast

Edited by dahbeed
  • Upvote 1