Fouts tailgating for Tuesday

pollock

According to meangreensports.com:

"The Athletic Department and the North Texas Police are working to determine the hours that the Fouts Field parking lots will be available for tailgating on Tuesday. That lot is extensively used by students and faculty on weekdays and would normally be full most of the day on Tuesday, but it will be closed and emptied of non-game traffic earlier on Tuesday."

Are there any rumors about what time the Fouts lot will open for tailgating?

According to meangreensports.com:

"The Athletic Department and the North Texas Police are working to determine the hours that the Fouts Field parking lots will be available for tailgating on Tuesday. That lot is extensively used by students and faculty on weekdays and would normally be full most of the day on Tuesday, but it will be closed and emptied of non-game traffic earlier on Tuesday."

Are there any rumors about what time the Fouts lot will open for tailgating?

Do we really need the whole Fouts field lot for tailgating? I don't see how doing this (emptying the whole lot) will cause anything but bad feeling toward the athletic department.

Do we really need the whole Fouts field lot for tailgating? I don't see how doing this (emptying the whole lot) will cause anything but bad feeling toward the athletic department.

I doubt they empty the entire lot. Probably just the area closest to the bridge. Also you have to consider traffic flow. They close/direct traffic one way in prior to the game and then another way after the game. So if people were allowed to stay parked until game time they may experience a major pain in the neck trying to get out.

Put up some flashing signs at all the Fouts entrances stating when the lot closes on Tuesday. Start that today. Perhaps even put flyers on all cars warning of the game, traffic conditions etc. Do that every day from now until Tuesday. Tweet about it. Send emails to all students. Put it on the electronic sign outside The Pit. If we have an emergency text system send out a text as well. That would be some pretty solid due diligence on the part of the AD/Administration.

We need to organize all of the tailgaters at Fouts to apply as much peer pressure on those students who park there and think they will be going to class on Tuesday. On Tuesday evening be on the lookout for students parking at Fout's carrying books as they are probably headed to their night class. First offer them a beer, "Come on man, it's just one beer. You still have plenty of time to get to the GAB by 6:30." The next thing they know they are sitting in Apogee.

• Upvote 2

We need to organize all of the tailgaters at Fouts to apply as much peer pressure on those students who park there and think they will be going to class on Tuesday. On Tuesday evening be on the lookout for students parking at Fout's carrying books as they are probably headed to their night class. First offer them a beer, "Come on man, it's just one beer. You still have plenty of time to get to the GAB by 6:30." The next thing they know they are sitting in Apogee.

and we beat up those that do not comply.... #MercyIsForTheWeak

617716.jpg

Is that where most people are tailgating? I plan on tailgating across the street from the Ap on Bonnie Brae.

I highly doubt that most of my friends will be able to join me since they all have class or a job (I'm playing hooky... ALL DAY)

So where are all you GMG people tailgating at?

Red lot....probably next to the Soundman bus.