Final Meltdown Thread

UNTDude

My "Get it Out" = I don't understand how we can put up 14 against LSU's defense, 21 against K-State's defense, and then STRUGGLE to put up 7 on Troy at home. :cigar:

That being said, this team is still leagues better than we've been in recent history. The coaches are developing the players they have and we will continue to get better with new recruiting classes, depth, and experience. Mac is our man. Go Mean Green.

My "Get it Out" = I don't understand how we can put up 14 against LSU's defense, 21 against K-State's defense, and then STRUGGLE to put up 7 on Troy at home. :cigar:

That being said, this team is still leagues better than we've been in recent history. The coaches are developing the players they have and we will continue to get better with new recruiting classes, depth, and experience. Mac is our man. Go Mean Green.

Mac is our man, not sure about Canales though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We have the most consistent fair catch play in the sunbelt. We used it every time possible last night.

To be fair, so did Troy. There were NO punt returns in the game. Punters have the hang time so that there's plenty of coverage downfield by the time the returner can catch it. And, if you don't signal for a fair catch and lose the ball the complaints will go on ad infinitum.

I too have been very critical of last nights performance. The key to a loss like that is to rebound. We have a tremendous opportunity to do that against FAU and even against Houston. Troy will not go unbeaten in Sunbelt. We have to keep pushing forward and realize that this building process with Coach Mac is still in its infancy....two years does not make a program. Now two years from now if we are having this same discussion, that is a different story; but I do not think we will. Each game we have lost has been due to 3 - 5 plays per game...3-5 plays per game for a really good team does not make for a loss. So, we are not a really good team yet. We still need to make those 3 - 5 plays per game. There is a hole in the ship...dont let it go unplugged and sink the ship...including the fan base.

• Horrible, Horrible Game
  • Still convinced the progam is moving in the right direction
  • Get it Out ....Let it Go...
  • Pummel FAU!!
  • GMG

I remember hearing the "program is moving in the right direction" when Todd Dodge was here. We saw how that worked out. Progress is measured in wins and losses. Win the next few and yes I'd say the program is headed in the right direction. Lose the next few and we're definitely going backwards.

I remember hearing the "program is moving in the right direction" when Todd Dodge was here. We saw how that worked out. Progress is measured in wins and losses. Win the next few and yes I'd say the program is headed in the right direction. Lose the next few and we're definitely going backwards.

I dunno about that. From a few toting the party line in the athletic department maybe but very few fans. I remember some more astute fans (not me) recognizing just how bad it was after the first game against Oklahoma.

• Upvote 1

Agreed progress is "ultimately" measured in wins and losses but we do have consider all the progress made to date in rebuilding this program Coach Macs body of work to date is measurably improved over TD.