From week one to week two

SilverEagle

There's an old coaching adage that says that the biggest improvement in a football team occurs between week one and week two. Assuming that this is true, where do you think we will improve the most?

OR, more to the point, where do you think we NEED to improve the most?

I'll start.

1. our interior D-line needs to step up and be much more dominate. You got "handled" (and not very politely either) too many times.

2. some of the receivers that we assumed that we could count on need to get re-focused. Too many drops after the ball lands in their hands.....Powers?.....Delgado?

3. The whole defense needs to tackle like Hilbert Jackson......WHAM! That's how you get turnovers.

• Upvote 3

There's an old coaching adage that says that the biggest improvement in a football team occurs between week one and week two. Assuming that this is true, where do you think we will improve the most?

OR, more to the point, where do you think we NEED to improve the most?

I'll start.

1. our interior D-line needs to step up and be much more dominate. You got "handled" (and not very politely either) too many times.

2. some of the receivers that we assumed that we could count on need to get re-focused. Too many drops after the ball lands in their hands.....Powers?.....Delgado?

3. The whole defense needs to tackle like Hilbert Jackson......WHAM! That's how you get turnovers.

This may be blasphemous, but I wasn't 100% on board with many of the offensive play calls. Far too predictable on 1st runs. I never noticed it working.

• Downvote 1

Before the game most on the board said we need to run the ball and the clock and get out of there. Some of those same people are now saying we should have opened the playbook. Just be happy our O line looked real solid, no stupid decisions by DT. To me it looked like DT, Brelan, and our O line were the only part of our passing game that made the trip to LA. If we dont need to show out hand yet to opponents, don't count on it. Just Win Baby

• Upvote 4

Only thing you can ask for is to end week 2 with a very convincing win in the home opener to what should be a pretty decent crowd. We definitely need to be injury free as well and team wise they just need to get more and more comfortable playing with each other and trusting each other in an actual game. If they do that the offense and defense will roll smoothly and week 3 will be strong.

• Upvote 1

I think a team like Texas Southern, like LSU, will tell you NOTHING about how the season will go...for the opposite reason.

My focus is how we look week 3.

I disagree.

I'm sure LSU was saying that about us before last nights game and now they see problems that they need to address. Like protecting their QB.

I think there is a lot to learn from the Texas Southern game.

• Upvote 1