Chick-fil-A fights likely on local college campuses

it has everything to do with a public school profiting off of a company that donates money to organizations that discriminate.

Which organizations and how do those organizations discriminate against their employees or customers?.

I think you need to look up the definition of discriminate.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Which organizations and how do those organizations discriminate against their employees or customers?.

I think you need to look up the definition of discriminate.

I think you need to do some further reading on the subject.

CFA is not discriminating. I never said they did. They donate to organizations, not companies (so they don't have customers, and their "employees" have the exact same set of opinions that they do, otherwise they would not work for/volunteer for them, so they cannot discriminate in the work place anyways, so your point is moot), whose primary purpose is to pass discriminatory laws against homosexuals that are veiled in a cloak of pseudo-Christianity.

Anyways, to answer your question, I'll gladly tell you the who, what, where, when, and why, since no one else seems to be able to look on their own.

The WinShape Foundation is how CFA donates most of it's money. It is nearly entirely financially backed by CFA, and all of CFA's donations get funneled through the WinShape Foundation. So, where have some of these donations gone, and why do they matter? I'll go one by one.

Exodus International: An organization that promotes and helps fund "conversion therapy" for gays, and is opposed to same sex marriage legalization.

Family Research Council: A lobbying group based in Washington DC whose primary purpose is to legislate conservative Christian ideals, most notably opposing same sex marriage. The Southern Poverty Law Center has marked the FRC as an anti gay hate group.

And the worst one, The Marriage & Family Foundation, where CFA donated over $1 Million to in 2010: A Virginia based organization that promotes a society in which God is front and center, and all values and laws are Christian.

The following is taken directly from their (TM&FF) website:

"What we are doing:

Strengthening Marriage | Virginia’s no-fault divorce laws make unilateral divorce too easy. These laws need to be tightened to encourage marriage counseling and to protect the best interest of children.

Opposing Domestic Partner Benefits | Homosexual advocates have worked to diminish the status of marriage by providing marriage benefits to any relationship. Already, private companies in Virginia can do so. Despite a marriage amendment that prohibits this, efforts are underway to expand this to state and local government.

Opposing Homosexual Behavior as a Protected Class | Every year there are efforts in Virginia to add homosexuality to the list of protected classes in non-discrimination laws. This is not only unnecessary, as no evidence of discrimination exists, but has potential negative ramifications on religious liberty.

So not only do they want to make divorcing more difficult, which is an infringement on a person's freedom, they want to put laws into place that disallow civil unions and allow discrimination of homosexuals. CFA donated over a million dollars to these guys. So yeah, that's how these organizations discriminate. Any questions? By the way, there are more than these 3. Do some individual research if you're interested.

Edited by UNTstormchaser
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

This is completely ridiculous... both sides.

Similiar stuff went on when the civil right things were happening in the 60-70's.

And there is your liberal playbook, folks. Equate this to the new civil rights struggle, even though it's like comparing Apples and submarines.

Ex-clansman and democratic Sen. Byrd approves and is for it, or against it, depending on what keeps him in that big congress in the sky (or, perhaps, down below?).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think you need to do some further reading on the subject.

CFA is not discriminating. I never said they did. They donate to organizations, not companies (so they don't have customers, and their "employees" have the exact same set of opinions that they do, otherwise they would not work for/volunteer for them, so they cannot discriminate in the work place anyways, so your point is moot), whose primary purpose is to pass discriminatory laws against homosexuals that are veiled in a cloak of pseudo-Christianity.

Anyways, to answer your question, I'll gladly tell you the who, what, where, when, and why, since no one else seems to be able to look on their own.

The WinShape Foundation is how CFA donates most of it's money. It is nearly entirely financially backed by CFA, and all of CFA's donations get funneled through the WinShape Foundation. So, where have some of these donations gone, and why do they matter? I'll go one by one.

Exodus International: An organization that promotes and helps fund "conversion therapy" for gays, and is opposed to same sex marriage legalization.

Family Research Council: A lobbying group based in Washington DC whose primary purpose is to legislate conservative Christian ideals, most notably opposing same sex marriage. The Southern Poverty Law Center has marked the FRC as an anti gay hate group.

And the worst one, The Marriage & Family Foundation, where CFA donated over $1 Million to in 2010: A Virginia based organization that promotes a society in which God is front and center, and all values and laws are Christian.

The following is taken directly from their (TM&FF) website:

"What we are doing:

Strengthening Marriage | Virginia’s no-fault divorce laws make unilateral divorce too easy. These laws need to be tightened to encourage marriage counseling and to protect the best interest of children.

Opposing Domestic Partner Benefits | Homosexual advocates have worked to diminish the status of marriage by providing marriage benefits to any relationship. Already, private companies in Virginia can do so. Despite a marriage amendment that prohibits this, efforts are underway to expand this to state and local government.

Opposing Homosexual Behavior as a Protected Class | Every year there are efforts in Virginia to add homosexuality to the list of protected classes in non-discrimination laws. This is not only unnecessary, as no evidence of discrimination exists, but has potential negative ramifications on religious liberty.

So not only do they want to make divorcing more difficult, which is an infringement on a person's freedom, they want to put laws into place that disallow civil unions and allow discrimination of homosexuals. CFA donated over a million dollars to these guys. So yeah, that's how these organizations discriminate. Any questions? By the way, there are more than these 3. Do some individual research if you're interested.

Are you trying to say that employees have the same opinion as the CEO of the company they work for?

And there is your liberal playbook, folks. Equate this to the new civil rights struggle, even though it's like comparing Apples and submarines.

Ex-clansman and democratic Sen. Byrd approves and is for it, or against it, depending on what keeps him in that big congress in the sky (or, perhaps, down below?).

You and UNT Flyer are completely twisting what I meant.... nothing even close to the pictures shown .... from your KKK album?

My commment refered to intolerance for those who believe differently and boycotting those who do... AND I DO MEAN BOTH SIDES....

Why do you twist everything I say into something very different. You likely are more liberal than I am.... for sure you are on financial issues. You yell "liberal" on everything a bit different than what you think, even if the view shown is more conservative than your beliefs.

Don't start a racial argrument. Do you belong to the KKK......?? I sure don't. The most of the exteme southern conservatives in the 60's didn't want to change anything then either. I graduated from HS when no black in my HS class could attend a SWC school.. and I went to a HS that was integrated. You have no clue to all that went on. So was I a liberal because I went to UNT ? ( we were integrated then ) Honestly I never thought it one way or the other when I decided to go to UNT. (NTSU then).

A financial conservative [ I am, hated the large increase in debt after 2001...which you obviously don't from your posts, ] ... is very different than a religious or social one... and even then people are never completely one of the other... which issue. ? To you everything is black or white, right or wrong... nothing in between.

I repeat... this is all completely ridiculuous.. just because some people believe different you don't do all of this. .... Don't take this to mean I am a supporter of the gay lifestyle. ... I really don't get it. ...but if they don't bother me, I won't bother them. [ does that make me liberal ? ] It seems you really dislike them and anyone different than you...welcome to some in the 1960's.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

While I don't think the civil rights struggle is anything like what is going on here I am sure there was a great deal of the population back then that probably said the same thing you just said. And again why does it have to always be liberal or conservative with you? You don't have to be conservative and only have one type of ideology in everything and the same goes with the liberal people.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

While I don't think the civil rights struggle is anything like what is going on here I am sure there was a great deal of the population back then that probably said the same thing you just said. And again why does it have to always be liberal or conservative with you? You don't have to be conservative and only have one type of ideology in everything and the same goes with the liberal people.

I completely agree but it does seem like the left is going extreme left, the right is going extreme right with very few people in the middle crossing the line either way.

• Upvote 1

--- I agree but with many if you say something that they disagree with ... they view as the extreme other.... that is nuts. Most of us are conservative on some subjects ( financially for me ) and rather liberal on others ( people's religious beliefs for me ) .. Why must they label everyone as one or the other... Most of us are both or just middle of road depending on the issue.

--- I find it odd that those two think they are EXPERTS on the 60's civil right things and what happened and think I am the idiot about the 60's when they were barely alive and graduated from college long after then... and I lived through it as a kid, and in college UNT-66, UNT-75, seeing some of it first hand and on TV at the time..... They know it all. ...... and I know nothing.

--- I guess I was wrong about people boycotting or not doing business with companies that served blacks or hired them .... Sure thought I remembered that... Guess they know better.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not everything is, but when someone compares this crap to the civil rights movement, especially the particular someone who did, that is exactly what it is.

66, please don't claim to be any type of conservative when everyhting you post is straight from democrat talking points.

And, again straight from the democrat play book, you make it personal and call Flyer a clansman. When confronted, make it personal, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

and

Not everything is, but when someone compares this crap to the civil rights movement, especially the particular someone who did, that is exactly what it is.

66, please don't claim to be any type of conservative when everyhting you post is straight from democrat talking points.

And, again straight from the democrat play book, you make it personal and call Flyer a clansman. When confronted, make it personal, right?

--Read what you write... .. you are the one that brought up the KKK first not me. and yawl showed "dog" pictures which have zero to do with a boycott.. Stay on the subject... that would have never occured to me although it did happen but has nothing to do with any type of boycott. You do know the big reason the deep south went GOP after 100 years of voting Demo?. It was all about the civil rights legislation LBJ and the Demos passed afterwards. I am sure you know that because you claim to know so much about that era even though you didn't live through it. It has stayed GOP largely because now they try to appeal to the Bible Belt with religious issues.

Almost every post you make is about " Liberal / Coservative and labeling people as something.

If they disagreee with you they are liberal... Well I did disagree with the era after 2001 when the debt got out of control, so I am a liberal?? and it increased as much as all 42 previous Presidents had. You will have to explain how opposing that that is "liberal" ..and supporting it is conservative. My definition of conservative is to not increase your debt, pay it down and in fact stay out of debt (which I am.). ... yes it is still climbing ... and Congress will do nothing to help or to have anything for the President to sign. The WH doesn't pass laws, just vetos and approves.

You refered to me as a Democrat... well I am now... after seeing what has happened to the national debt after 2001 and what is happening to education in Texas with funding dropping every session... and don't say economy... the Texas economy is good... maybe the best in the nation .... there are so many jobs available in the western half of the state that "help-wanted" signs appear in nearly every window. Except for a few locations (which is always the case) the rest of the state isn't doing poorly either... The $25 billion problem the legislature had last session was the result of seveal sessions of creative accounting... moving expensives to next budget etc. No I don't support the GOP in Texas now... why should we... they are wreaking education and I work there... I see it after every session the past twelve years or since Perry walked in and the legislature changed control. . I had no problem with GOP when Bush was there or Bill Clements either....

PS: not every Democrat is a Liberal nor is every GOP person an extreme conservative... I know many GOP that are fed up up the T-party guys and their lack of understanding... most of those guys seem to be all about wanting more tax cuts and terrible services and to hell with schools. ..... but they complain about them. .

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thankfully, after the 1960s, people pretty much began to ignore college students again. Also, unless the terms of the contact between Chik-Fil-A and UNT have some sort of clause in there about where Chik-Fil-A donates money, it's a non-issue.

Chik-Fil-A follows the law in hiring, managing, and blah-blah-blah, so let the 463 students stupid enough to sign the petition whine. It's the American right to whine about what other people do with their own, private money.

We should change the name of the country to the United States of People Who Are Overly Concerned By What Other People Do With Their Own Money.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1