Should UNT Denton control the UNT health science center?

News that the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth might be put under the administrative umbrella of the University of North Texas in Denton is welcome -- with emphasis for now on the might.

At their meeting Thursday, UNT System regents will "consider a proposal to study the possibility" of the change, Chancellor Lee Jackson said Friday. Currently, the 1,760-student Health Science Center in Fort Worth and the 36,000-student flagship university campus in Denton are separate institutions in the Dallas-based UNT System.

Given that what's under consideration is a study of the pros and cons of the idea, who could object?

Jackson says the Health Science Center would remain in Fort Worth. Only its administrative structure would change.

"Combining the two institutions has the potential to advance the success of UNT and UNT Health Science Center students, faculty members and the communities they serve," he said in a news release.

There are some easy-to-see pros. For one thing, as is often the case, it might bring in more money.

In 2009, the Legislature proposed and voters approved a constitutional amendment creating the National Research University Fund. The fund, which the state comptroller's office says had a balance of $587.6 million as of July 31, is meant to help state universities on the verge of reaching Tier 1 research university status.

This year, Texas Tech University in Lubbock and the University of Houston each qualified to receive $8 million to $10 million from that fund. No other universities have yet qualified. University of Texas campuses in Arlington and Dallas are among those seeking the funds.

read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/08/13/4178992/should-unt-in-denton-control-fort.html

The main advantage would be pooling research dollars to qualify for Tier 1 status. That, in itself, might make the change worthwhile.

Agreed. UNTHSC has more research dollars than UNT does, so pooling the two together would be very, very beneficial for UNT's quest to be Tier 1.

• Upvote 2

The main advantage would be pooling research dollars to qualify for Tier 1 status. That, in itself, might make the change worthwhile.

Seems kinda like a "cheap" move if you ask me. I thought Lee was a big hitter that was supposed to bring in tons of money from his connections in Dallas & Austin?

This seems like a move of desperation.

Seems kinda like a "cheap" move if you ask me. I thought Lee was a big hitter that was supposed to bring in tons of money from his connections in Dallas & Austin?

I agree that Lee was supposed to be a big hitter with connections. If he's raised a lot it must have gone to UNT-Dallas or, as P1 says, he's all hat and no cattle.

• Upvote 1

Doesn't TT and UH do that with their health science schools (Houston has one, right?)?

Doesn't TT and UH do that with their health science schools (Houston has one, right?)?

I'm not sure what they did, or if they made the same type of move in order to move up in their standings.

What I do know is that we were not doing this before and there was probably a reason for it, but were falling behind in the race for Tier1/NRUF funds, and this provides a quick boost to the bottom line without really doing anything. So now we can pool the HSC funds together with the University's research dollars, but we still don't have any new streams coming in, so we'll just be stuck at this new number (albeit a higher number).

Also, Tech's main HSC is on the main Lubbock campus. They have several satellite campuses around the state too, so I don't know how that works. I would think the main Lubbock HSC campus would count towards the University's funds anyway. Ours is all the way down I-35W in Ft. Worth.

Houston doesn't have a HSC... but they have a college of Optometry (I don't know if there is alot of extra funds for Optometry research). UT & Baylor both have Med school campuses in Houston, so I doubt UH gets one there.

• Upvote 1

News that the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth might be put under the administrative umbrella of the University of North Texas in Denton is welcome -- with emphasis for now on the might.

At their meeting Thursday, UNT System regents will "consider a proposal to study the possibility" of the change, Chancellor Lee Jackson said Friday. Currently, the 1,760-student Health Science Center in Fort Worth and the 36,000-student flagship university campus in Denton are separate institutions in the Dallas-based UNT System.

Given that what's under consideration is a study of the pros and cons of the idea, who could object?

Jackson says the Health Science Center would remain in Fort Worth. Only its administrative structure would change.

"Combining the two institutions has the potential to advance the success of UNT and UNT Health Science Center students, faculty members and the communities they serve," he said in a news release.

There are some easy-to-see pros. For one thing, as is often the case, it might bring in more money.

In 2009, the Legislature proposed and voters approved a constitutional amendment creating the National Research University Fund. The fund, which the state comptroller's office says had a balance of $587.6 million as of July 31, is meant to help state universities on the verge of reaching Tier 1 research university status.

This year, Texas Tech University in Lubbock and the University of Houston each qualified to receive $8 million to $10 million from that fund. No other universities have yet qualified. University of Texas campuses in Arlington and Dallas are among those seeking the funds.

Read more here: http://www.star-tele...l#storylink=cpy

read more: http://www.star-tele...ntrol-fort.html

You know...

There is a certain poster that is not good with brevity who often irks many of us and has used multiple pseudonyms that have wound up banned in the past, who may be able to shed a little light on this (Granted, it needs to be taken with a grain of salt, or rather, an extra-large saltlick).

CheckFacts/TodgeRodge/GL2Greatness: let me hear from you!

Ah! I did not know that... I guess I just assumed.

Oh well. Either way, there are 2 Med schools in Houston, so I doubt the university will get to plant one.

They used to be up until around 68-69. But the Feds realized church & state separation was muddied by giving research funds to schools/hospitals tied to religious institutions. Schools/Hospitals were given the illusion of choice - they could stay with their religion/sect/denomination and lose federal funding OR keep the dollars and ditch their deity. The Med schools and Hospitals chose science.

I, like you, assumed for many years that Baylor was Baylor was Baylor. And Im sure Baylor the University doesn't bother to correct people as it makes them look better.

As an aside, A&M is opening their Med School here in Dallas this year I believe. Students will use Baylor Hospital as their teaching hospital. funny eh?

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure what they did, or if they made the same type of move in order to move up in their standings.

What I do know is that we were not doing this before and there was probably a reason for it, but were falling behind in the race for Tier1/NRUF funds, and this provides a quick boost to the bottom line without really doing anything. So now we can pool the HSC funds together with the University's research dollars, but we still don't have any new streams coming in, so we'll just be stuck at this new number (albeit a higher number).

Also, Tech's main HSC is on the main Lubbock campus. They have several satellite campuses around the state too, so I don't know how that works. I would think the main Lubbock HSC campus would count towards the University's funds anyway. Ours is all the way down I-35W in Ft. Worth.

Houston doesn't have a HSC... but they have a college of Optometry (I don't know if there is alot of extra funds for Optometry research). UT & Baylor both have Med school campuses in Houston, so I doubt UH gets one there.

UH has no medical school....they have Optometry and Pharmacy

the TTU medical school has always been seperate and the full 4 year medical school in El Paso is under the Lubbock medical school, but they are looking at making it seperate as well.....the TTU Pharmacy program is under the medical school and is in Amarillo and has now expanded ot Abilene as well....the nursing program at TTU is also under the medical school and is in Lubbock and Odessa and possibly Amarillo in the future

the TTUHSC research is not counted towards the NRUF requirements it is stand alone

if the two north Texas schools were combined they would have about 40 million in restricted research with a needed goal of 45 million.....that is 14,476,509 for the university in actual restricted research and 26,236,587 in federal research for the HSC.....not all federal research will count as restricted research and there MAY be a very small portion of state, institutional, and private research that counts towards restricted research, but not much if any.....so about 40 million is where the two would be combined

the HSC has 6 million in endowment according to the THECB so that is little help towards the 400 million in endowment qualification

the HCS awarded 17 doctoral degrees in 2011 so that is not a huge help towards the 200 needed, but north Texas is not that far from 200, but not all doctoral degrees are PhDs and only PhDs count so there could be even less than 17 that would count towards the total

othar than that the HCS will really not help with any of the other "tier 1" metrics

UTSA looked at merging with the UTHSCSA in 2009 and decided against it

http://www.mysananto...THSC-840822.php

the UTHSCSA did 117.5 million in federal research in 2011 so that would easily push UTSA over the needed 45 million since they were at 30.429,992 in restricted research for just the university in 2011 and only about 10% of the federal research for UTHSCSA would need to be national competitively awarded "restricted" research and I am sure way more than that is

the UTHSCSA has a 412 million dollar endowment and that alone would be another metric met for "tier 1" without the 90 million included for UTSA alone so the two would have a 500 million+ dollar endowment

the UTHSCSA awarded 49 doctorial degrees in 2011, but it does not break down which are PhDs and which are professional degrees as well and UTSA is a ways away from 200PhDs awarded annually so that would not be a big boost in that metric

the fact that UTSA decided against it (the UT System) and the fact that Texas uses a completely different formual to fund universities VS HSCs tells me that there is only a small chance this merger happens

the fact that UTSA (the UT System) decided against it also tells me that even if it does happen it either will be excluded from helping towards "tier 1" or the "tier 1" metrics will be significantly elevated either for everyone or for those including a medical school that has been merged

Texas Tech could have easily merged and met the requirements the first year, UH does not have a medical school.....UTA and UTD (either one) could have merged with UTSW and met the requirements and UTSA could have merged and come very close to getting the funding and none of them did so and that tells me they knew it either would not help them or the funding formula differences would have cost them to the point that the additional "tier 1" money would not have helped over come the cost of the merger in formula funding

TAMU is looking at merging theirs into the TAMU campus, but the TAMU system is a bit different than the others in that 1. they do not have any schools in the emerging research category to be eligible for "tier 1" participation and 2. because the main university already has a large number of "outside" things under the main campus like Ag Extension and Ag Research and Engineering Extension and Research and The Forestry Service and Texas Transportation Institute they already have a large main ccampus administration dealing with locations state wide and they would not have to be as concerend with formula funding differences not covering overhead cost or costing them money overall

lastly the whole main idea behind "tier 1" was not so much to make Texas universities look better to outsiders based on numbers alone, but to actually increase the amount of federal research dollars flowing into the state and a side effect of that would be an increase in stature for the universities......merging schools and HSCs does not accomplish that goal at all and it really would not significantly raise the stature of most institutions even if it was done

there is a very limited amount of funding available now because the NRUF endowment is so small and the amount it pays out is not near enough to raise the stature of even a single university much less the two it pays out to now and spreading that money around even thinnner would pretty much make the amount of money awarded meaningless in the overall scope of the goals

UH would complain the loudest because they have wanted a medical school for a while now and do not have one to merge with and TTU would either be against it (they have looked at merging in the past and the formula funding issue stands in the way and they are looking at having El Paso as a stand alone school as of now) or they would simply merge and keep right on getting funding.....UTD could easily merge with UTSW and make the requirements and UTSA would be close that would leave UTA and UTEP and TxState without an option to merge and I don't think the UT system is looking to pick winners and losers in their system right now between UTA and UTD and leaving UTEP and UTSA out in the cold......which tells me the UT System will be against merged university and HSC metrics being allowed to count towards "tier 1" even if mergers are allowed

also since UTD will easily be the next campus to qualify for "tier 1" funding (even though it will still not be enough to make a difference overall) and that was pretty much the plan all along for the UT System I doubt they will want to allow a move that lowers the payout to UTD along with UH and TTU

so basically even if the merger does happen I personally feel it will be of no benefit, it will only lead to increased metrics for "tier 1" with the possibility of higher metrics for schools with a merged med school, or it will significantly reduce the awarded funding to the point that it is of no benefit to anyone and I don't think that the other 7 emerging research universities and their systems are going to allow that

They used to be up until around 68-69. But the Feds realized church & state separation was muddied by giving research funds to schools/hospitals tied to religious institutions. Schools/Hospitals were given the illusion of choice - they could stay with their religion/sect/denomination and lose federal funding OR keep the dollars and ditch their deity. The Med schools and Hospitals chose science.

I, like you, assumed for many years that Baylor was Baylor was Baylor. And Im sure Baylor the University doesn't bother to correct people as it makes them look better.

As an aside, A&M is opening their Med School here in Dallas this year I believe. Students will use Baylor Hospital as their teaching hospital. funny eh?

it will not be a full medical school so far in dallas it is only 3rd and 4th year similar to Round Rock and the Baylor College of Dentistry is a TAMU institution already so TAMU already has a presence in dallas and they already have one "Baylor" affiliation even though the Baylor Hospital System is independent of the university and the College of Dentistry

Edited by GL2Greatness
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

From what I read, there is one thing that concerns me. Rawlins nor the head of the Health Center had been an integral part of the decision to place this on the agenda. This is not the kind of communication you would expect from the top three administrators. I am afraid this is the type of decision making that led to the resignation of our last president.

• Upvote 2

From what I read, there is one thing that concerns me. Rawlins nor the head of the Health Center had been an integral part of the decision to place this on the agenda. This is not the kind of communication you would expect from the top three administrators. I am afraid this is the type of decision making that led to the resignation of our last president.

Well, could be...but what more likely led to her dismissal was her complete arrogance and lack of leadership skills suited for the university environment.

I doubt Rawlins would get caught up in such an ego struggle with his boss. I sure hope not at least. Dr. Rawlins, in my opinion, has done some very good things so far in his short tenure at UNT. I hope he stays a good bit longer. Am still super excited and happy that Batille is gone. UNT traded up...WAY UP!

• Downvote 1

Well, could be...but what more likely led to her dismissal was her complete arrogance and lack of leadership skills suited for the university environment.

I doubt Rawlins would get caught up in such an ego struggle with his boss. I sure hope not at least. Dr. Rawlins, in my opinion, has done some very good things so far in his short tenure at UNT. I hope he stays a good bit longer. Am still super excited and happy that Batille is gone. UNT traded up...WAY UP!

I am not really what lack of leadership you mean for Dr. B

she was way better than I thought she would be when she was first hired....she had been a mid level paper pusher and an interm president of a small arts college in the UNC system when hired and I figured that lee the idiot had her pegged as the perfect "yes woman" when he hired her with that background

I did not agree with her "peas studies" degree program at a time when those types of degrees are becoming increasingly worthless, but on the other hand she clearly tried to stop the trend of trying to steal money from Denton students to be wasted in dallas proper and she stood up to that and was fired for it

I was also not a fan of her make Cs in HS and get a free ride program either, but that is past now

the THECB never wanted north Texas to buy the UCD and was specficially against it and made north Texas agree to host the other members of the UCD for as long as they desired and then after the "system" (Denton students) paid for that building (because northTexas dallas was still a part of the Denton campus at that time and still can't pay for their current buildings without "system" (Denton students) dollars) and the med school is funded differently (which means that "system" resources come right out of Denton students pockets) it was only a couple of years later that the "system" was telling the UCD members INCLUDING DENTON to take a hike because the building was going to be used for administration (after moving administration out in the little guys movers truck in the middle of the night) and it was going to be used for the law school that is also sucking "system" resources out of the Denton campus

Dr. B stood up to that, she stood up to the movement of the IT infrastructure, and she stood up for Denton and was fired

again Texas funds universities the same.....there are no special allocations for "north Texas is doing all these things".....and in fact north Texas keeps getting DENIED on trying to get resources to "do all these things"......their last "win" was the 5 million 4 years ago to waste on start up cost for the law school......they lost on getting extra infrastructure funding for the second building in south dallas to be built larger than formula funding called for and they spent the "system" resources anyway on a "calculated gamble" with some "belt tightening" and that gamble has been a failure because that campus has lost enrollment every year it has been open for 3 years running and more than likely because of that the "system" will never be paid back for that "calculated gamble" that money has been spend out of the Denton campus and is gone wasted in south dallas forever.......they have lost repeatedly on law school funding to even actually open and they have lost repeatedly on money to renovate the old dallas muny building and for the law school then on money to renovate the top two floors of the UCD for the law school....and yet they continue to waste "system" resources on planning and basic work towards renovating that building when it should be clear the law school is all but dead

ask yourself in a state that funds on formula funding with two different methods for funding medical schools and 4 year universities.....in a "system" that consist of a medical school, a large 4 year university, and an unneeded and declining enrollment "university" that can't even pay for itself.....where do "system" resources come from.......and when the Denton campus is going to students and saying "lets not bond out the union lets increase fees on students to keep money out of wealthy bankers hands" and then at the same time that "system" BONDED OUT the expenses of building a building in south dallas larger than it should be on a "calculated gamble" while the "system will just have to belt tighten".......who is taking it in the ass on that deal....and then two long time programs in Denton (fashion and dance) will be housed in Tshacks right in the middle of campus because there is no "belt tightening at the system level" or "calculated gamble" to build them a real damn building after the union project knocks theirs down.....who out there is looking out for the Denton campus students....you know the university that pays the damn freight in the "system"

and when VLR went to the BOR and wanted to increase admissions to keep up with UH and so that UTSA and TxState and UTA would not soon pass north Texas as well when they continue to rasie admissions......the BOR shot him down so fast it was not even funny....some "fight" he put up for the Denton campus......the "system" needed those warm bodies to keep funding projects in dallas proper......and after the Denton campus students paid more money in tuition specifically to hire new faculty.....when the Denton campus had a decrease in enrollment of 500 or so students (the first decrease in many years and under the watch of VLR) that is 500/36,000 or a .014 decline in enrollment....and suddenly there is no money to hire ANY new faculty.....but there is still money for building bigger buildings that state funding allows for in south dallas....there is still money for full speed ahead (into a brick wall of failure) for the DALLAS law school.....while two Denton programs get Tshacks across from the new union in the middle of campus.....and of course the enrollment decline was a reason for not raising admissions as was the need for warm bodies to keep funding dallas projects

UH raised their admissions in 2010 and they have kept right on rolling with adding 1K students per year just like the last few years before that.....noth Texas is "stay the course" and LOSING 500 students the last tiem around....UH got "tier 1" funding along with TTU while increasing admissions and gainign enrollment......"stay the course" has ONE criteria met for "tier 1" funding tying UTSA and behind everyone else....."stay the course" is dead last even behind TxState in restricted research and by about 1/3 so a significant difference

Dr. B at least had a plan for growing research even if it was not being met

actually she had two to work with....the one that was in place when she started

http://research.unt....cPlan0813-2.pdf

and the one she did

http://research.unt....May 24 2010.pdf

VLR gave us this

http://news.unt.edu/...an-and-new-look

oh yea and some cold hotdogs and some swag bags (not even the good kind of swag either)

boy that is pretty bold 4 things that every university should do, a color change, and a tag line.....oh yea and STAY THE COURSE!.....not even meeting the actual written goals of the past administration towards "tier 1"

the ONLY thing that has been any big deal inder VLR was the outside fundraising.....and that is a big deal, but other than that he has been every bit the yes man that Dr. B was and in some cases way worse

if you want to compare Dr. B to VLR then compare 100% of the truths and faults with each of them.....because at least Dr. B appeared to be in it for the long term and comitted to Denton while VLR is going to be 75 in November and he has done some of the things that he does well.....like raise funds, but he has absolutely 100% laid down to lee the idiot when it comes to taking up for th Denton campus and it has cost the Denton campus greatly in terms of money and in terms of the future and he was "hand chosen" after NO SEARCH from his temporary assignment specifically because he would lay down for 4-6 years until the next guy comes in and things will already be set in stone by then and the money will long sense have been stolen

this HSC merger is just another one of lee the idiots half baked plans to try and make something happen without actually doing anything and The State of texas is wise to that crap by now and lee the idiot has ZERO credibility with them

Edited by GL2Greatness

I am not really what lack of leadership you mean for Dr. B

she was way better than I thought she would be when she was first hired....she had been a mid level paper pusher and an interm president of a small arts college in the UNC system when hired and I figured that lee the idiot had her pegged as the perfect "yes woman" when he hired her with that background

I did not agree with her "peas studies" degree program at a time when those types of degrees are becoming increasingly worthless, but on the other hand she clearly tried to stop the trend of trying to steal money from Denton students to be wasted in dallas proper and she stood up to that and was fired for it

I was also not a fan of her make Cs in HS and get a free ride program either, but that is past now

the THECB never wanted north Texas to buy the UCD and was specficially against it and made north Texas agree to host the other members of the UCD for as long as they desired and then after the "system" (Denton students) paid for that building (because northTexas dallas was still a part of the Denton campus at that time and still can't pay for their current buildings without "system" (Denton students) dollars) and the med school is funded differently (which means that "system" resources come right out of Denton students pockets) it was only a couple of years later that the "system" was telling the UCD members INCLUDING DENTON to take a hike because the building was going to be used for administration (after moving administration out in the little guys movers truck in the middle of the night) and it was going to be used for the law school that is also sucking "system" resources out of the Denton campus

Dr. B stood up to that, she stood up to the movement of the IT infrastructure, and she stood up for Denton and was fired

again Texas funds universities the same.....there are no special allocations for "north Texas is doing all these things".....and in fact north Texas keeps getting DENIED on trying to get resources to "do all these things"......their last "win" was the 5 million 4 years ago to waste on start up cost for the law school......they lost on getting extra infrastructure funding for the second building in south dallas to be built larger than formula funding called for and they spent the "system" resources anyway on a "calculated gamble" with some "belt tightening" and that gamble has been a failure because that campus has lost enrollment every year it has been open for 3 years running and more than likely because of that the "system" will never be paid back for that "calculated gamble" that money has been spend out of the Denton campus and is gone wasted in south dallas forever.......they have lost repeatedly on law school funding to even actually open and they have lost repeatedly on money to renovate the old dallas muny building and for the law school then on money to renovate the top two floors of the UCD for the law school....and yet they continue to waste "system" resources on planning and basic work towards renovating that building when it should be clear the law school is all but dead

ask yourself in a state that funds on formula funding with two different methods for funding medical schools and 4 year universities.....in a "system" that consist of a medical school, a large 4 year university, and an unneeded and declining enrollment "university" that can't even pay for itself.....where do "system" resources come from.......and when the Denton campus is going to students and saying "lets not bond out the union lets increase fees on students to keep money out of wealthy bankers hands" and then at the same time that "system" BONDED OUT the expenses of building a building in south dallas larger than it should be on a "calculated gamble" while the "system will just have to belt tighten".......who is taking it in the ass on that deal....and then two long time programs in Denton (fashion and dance) will be housed in Tshacks right in the middle of campus because there is no "belt tightening at the system level" or "calculated gamble" to build them a real damn building after the union project knocks theirs down.....who out there is looking out for the Denton campus students....you know the university that pays the damn freight in the "system"

and when VLR went to the BOR and wanted to increase admissions to keep up with UH and so that UTSA and TxState and UTA would not soon pass north Texas as well when they continue to rasie admissions......the BOR shot him down so fast it was not even funny....some "fight" he put up for the Denton campus......the "system" needed those warm bodies to keep funding projects in dallas proper......and after the Denton campus students paid more money in tuition specifically to hire new faculty.....when the Denton campus had a decrease in enrollment of 500 or so students (the first decrease in many years and under the watch of VLR) that is 500/36,000 or a .014 decline in enrollment....and suddenly there is no money to hire ANY new faculty.....but there is still money for building bigger buildings that state funding allows for in south dallas....there is still money for full speed ahead (into a brick wall of failure) for the DALLAS law school.....while two Denton programs get Tshacks across from the new union in the middle of campus.....and of course the enrollment decline was a reason for not raising admissions as was the need for warm bodies to keep funding dallas projects

UH raised their admissions in 2010 and they have kept right on rolling with adding 1K students per year just like the last few years before that.....noth Texas is "stay the course" and LOSING 500 students the last tiem around....UH got "tier 1" funding along with TTU while increasing admissions and gainign enrollment......"stay the course" has ONE criteria met for "tier 1" funding tying UTSA and behind everyone else....."stay the course" is dead last even behind TxState in restricted research and by about 1/3 so a significant difference

Dr. B at least had a plan for growing research even if it was not being met

actually she had two to work with....the one that was in place when she started

http://research.unt....cPlan0813-2.pdf

and the one she did

http://research.unt....May 24 2010.pdf

VLR gave us this

http://news.unt.edu/...an-and-new-look

oh yea and some cold hotdogs and some swag bags (not even the good kind of swag either)

boy that is pretty bold 4 things that every university should do, a color change, and a tag line.....oh yea and STAY THE COURSE!.....not even meeting the actual written goals of the past administration towards "tier 1"

the ONLY thing that has been any big deal inder VLR was the outside fundraising.....and that is a big deal, but other than that he has been every bit the yes man that Dr. B was and in some cases way worse

if you want to compare Dr. B to VLR then compare 100% of the truths and faults with each of them.....because at least Dr. B appeared to be in it for the long term and comitted to Denton while VLR is going to be 75 in November and he has done some of the things that he does well.....like raise funds, but he has absolutely 100% laid down to lee the idiot when it comes to taking up for th Denton campus and it has cost the Denton campus greatly in terms of money and in terms of the future and he was "hand chosen" after NO SEARCH from his temporary assignment specifically because he would lay down for 4-6 years until the next guy comes in and things will already be set in stone by then and the money will long sense have been stolen

this HSC merger is just another one of lee the idiots half baked plans to try and make something happen without actually doing anything and The State of texas is wise to that crap by now and lee the idiot has ZERO credibility with them

Serious question, what benefit do you get from calling us north Texas or UNt every single time you type one of those? It is obvious you do it on purpose so wondering why.

KRAM, you missed my point. I wasn't defending necessarily Dr. B. I was being critical of the administrative style of Mr. Jackson. When you propose a change that affects two different campuses without fully involving the chief administrator of the campus, that is the epitome to me of arrogance. I have seen this attitude displayed before by chief officers, and it has never been positive in the long run for the institution.

Serious question, what benefit do you get from calling us north Texas or UNt every single time you type one of those? It is obvious you do it on purpose so wondering why.

I've wondered the same thing. I think it's because he doesn't have a life and gets off to annoying people.