Doin' God's Work-Phase II

KRAM1

So, I've been informed that one of our more "esteemed" fans has said that he was glad he didn't "WASTE HIS TIME" going all over Denton with posters Saturday. Really, waste of time? Seriously? Since when is getting together with a group of UNT and Mean green fans a waste of time? And, since when is talking UNT and Mean Green football with local merchants and Dentonites a waste of time? I had several conversations with several people who thanked me for helping out, who wanted to display the posters, who even asked for more Mean Green "stuff" to display and who really wanted to talk Mean Green football with me. I did not have one negative comment all the time I was out. In fact the only negative comments about our effort has come from "guess where"?

If I was wasting my time Saturday, getting to be part of this group and getting to meet some Mean Green fans I had not had the pleasure of meeting before and talking Mean green football with lots of interested Dentonites, then I truly hope I get to do a lot more "wasting my time" events. I am more than ready and willing to ":waste" more of my time having that much fun!

Anyone out there who participated in this event Saturday think it was a waste of their time? Because those are really the only opinions that actually matter.

Based on the reception I got Saturday from local businesses, I do think the tide may be beginning to turn in Denton and that this town may finally be on the verge of actually starting to really support Mean Green Athletics! Slowly, sure...but I sure seemed to sense positive movement while out Saturday...that made it an even more positive experience for me.

C'mon is he really "esteemed"?

Good work fellas

• Upvote 1

Just a follow-up...SLIDE SHOW JOE went by the Athletic dept and picked up a few more posters and went out a second time to get even more displayed. Thanks, Emmitt and Slide Show Joe for helping on two days with this project.

ALSO...I was attending a "going away" function on campus (Actually in the Club level at Apogee) for a Development Director that is leaving UNT for a position at Trinity College in San Antonio...and several of the Foundation/Development Board Members were also in attendance...so it was a campus-wide and community attended event...one gentleman came over to me and said he knew about our poster project and just wanted to tell me how great it was that we did that and he thanked me for everyone who participated. This is a good-size UNT donor and a person I consider a UNT VIP along with his wife.

So, the word is out in various areas of campus and the UNT family that some UNT supporters took the time to try to do something positive and to help. So, to all who volunteered, I pass those sincere "Thanks" on to you....it made me feel good to know that some folks...who a supporters of UNT...noticed and were grateful for our efforts. So, once again...thanks to all...what you did was noticed and to those that actually care, it mattered.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to have to make a trip back to Denton to get some more posters. I gave my last one to the GM at the Plucker's on Lovers in Dallas over lunch. He said he just had to run it past his marketing person tomorrow and then would hang it. He seemed sincere because he wanted to talk about some of the games on the schedule and showed me where he plans to hang it. This is great to me because this location is a few blocks from SMU and is decorated in SMU artifacts, minus the token UT jersey on the wall.

Had fun posting schedules last week...But had a thought today. Have these schedules been posted in the residence halls and/or buildings on campus? I know some would reply "that's crazy, I'm sure they have been". My question is ....Is it really THAT crazy of a question? I'm not trying to slam the AD, but there's alot of things I would think are obvious, only to find out nothing has been done. So, does anyone know if the schedules have been posted in at LEAST the dorms?

Had fun posting schedules last week...But had a thought today. Have these schedules been posted in the residence halls and/or buildings on campus? I know some would reply "that's crazy, I'm sure they have been". My question is ....Is it really THAT crazy of a question? I'm not trying to slam the AD, but there's alot of things I would think are obvious, only to find out nothing has been done. So, does anyone know if the schedules have been posted in at LEAST the dorms?

The dorms don't reopen until August 25, but last year every room was given a schedule.

As a former RA. I can tell you that in Mid August during RA training, we go through and put football schedules in every students room and on just about every hall plus the dorm lobbys. Ive only been graduated for about 2 years so im sure they have been doing the same thing's since.

• Upvote 1