OC Games This Year ?

Heard today that teams don't want to play north Texas, thus the issue with not having a full schedule yet. This came from a lady that does foreign fundraising in the athletic department....

Good info Thor and I hope folks will cut TB some slack if the schedule is not as ramped up as he or we would have hoped! I seriously doubt many big schools want a piece of this lineup!

Heard today that teams don't want to play north Texas, thus the issue with not having a full schedule yet. This came from a lady that does foreign fundraising in the athletic department....

True story: Old staff had contacted something like 40 schools ( I forget the exact #) about scheduling a game this year. Almost everyone single one said " we will call you back IF Tony Mitchell declares for the draft"

• Upvote 3

True story: Old staff had contacted something like 40 schools ( I forget the exact #) about scheduling a game this year. Almost everyone single one said " we will call you back IF Tony Mitchell declares for the draft"

Can't be true. We all know JJ played Cameron on purpose to pad his stats.

• Upvote 4

Does anyone know if the St. Joseph's game is the home and home series we were trying to set up?

• Upvote 1

I looked it up yesterday, and I think he's about 3 1/2 hours driving.

Close enough to pick us up at the Philadelphia airport. :ph34r:

Good traffic I could make it in under 3. If it's a weekend game and you guys venture northward I'd have no problem grabbing you from the airport. Weekday probably wouldn't work out...airport is 30 miles past St. Jo's and I'd likely already be pressing to make the game.

• Upvote 1

Good traffic I could make it in under 3. If it's a weekend game and you guys venture northward I'd have no problem grabbing you from the airport. Weekday probably wouldn't work out...airport is 30 miles past St. Jo's and I'd likely already be pressing to make the game.

I want in -- in my loveable, flaky way.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Looks like We are playing @ St Joesph's. I don't have a date yet tho

And, according to this from NBC Sports, St Joseph's is expected to be pretty darn good:

In a loaded Atlantic 10 (this was the case even before Butler and VCU decided to join a year early) Phil Martelli’s Saint Joseph’s Hawks are considered to be one of the favorites to win the league.

C.J. Aiken, Halil Kanacevic and Ronald Roberts, Jr. are three of the key players returning in the front court, and guards Langston Galloway and Carl Jones are both back after playing well in 2011-12.

• Upvote 1

And, according to this from NBC Sports, St Joseph's is expected to be pretty darn good:

I've heard they could be considered as high as top 40 in the nation. Definitely a potential at large tournament team this year, depending on how well they do in A10 play. This is a statement game for us, and a feasible one. It isn't like we're facing Kentucky, but this is a team enough people (especially the east coast biased sports media) know about and respect. A win on the road here is absolutely not a guarantee, but it is absolutely within reach. This could be the oft eluded signature win that is needed to give a small conference team some cred.

From what I understand, we have 24 out of 29 potential games locked in (assuming the NIT Season Tip-Off counts as 1 game towards the schedule... if it counts as 2, that goes up to 25). That doesn't include the rumored Mississippi State game.

Depending on how our MTE counts against max games and if the Mississippi State game is a sure thing... We could have as few as 3 more games that are up in the air to one degree or another. Could be as many as 5.

No Mississippi State game : http://www.wcbi.com/article.php?subaction=showfull&id=1344300805&archive=&start_from=&ucat=14,15&

I wish we can play LSU this season

It would be payback for week 1 in football.

• Upvote 2

RV said this game would be our 1st game , before the NIT.

Could there be a CBL,Tasty,Quoner,NT03 4sum in Philly ??

Andrew Beckett says yes

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 2

Andrew Beckett says yes

So in. Just need the date to make sure it doesn't conflict with one thing and it's, well, it's wide open.

Andrew Beckett says yes

What an odd/awesome confluence that would be.

Also, let's not forget I'm much closer to Madison Square Garden...just sayin'

I'm pumped that this is the first game. Even if we don't win, our boys will be ready for the NIT after playing against a tough team like that.

So in. Just need the date to make sure it doesn't conflict with one thing and it's, well, it's wide open.

Looks like most teams will play their first game on Friday , Nov. 9th.

I'm guessing we will have our exhibition mid week and then travel to Philly.

If it is that Friday I could definitely pull it off.Flights right now from DFW to PHL look to be around $350-$390