2013 HS Kendall Pollard - 6'5 SF

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bet we end up with either Pollard or Edo. Based only on assessments I've read, Pollard comes off as the more polished presently, but Edo's athleticism and work-rate are off the charts...I feel I'd prefer Edo for his top-side.

NT03 (or anyone) can you lend first hand info on either?

• Upvote 1

I bet we end up with either Pollard or Edo. Based only on assessments I've read, Pollard comes off as the more polished presently, but Edo's athleticism and work-rate are off the charts...I feel I'd prefer Edo for his top-side.

NT03 (or anyone) can you lend first hand info on either?

I really like them both. I've only seen a little of KP on video , but it looks like he as a better all around game at this point.

Would be awesome to go ahead and get that Chicago / Meanstreets pipeline flowin

Edo is up to about 20-25 offers right now. Says he wants a staff that has someone who can be his father figure. Who better than Rob Evans ?

Edo is one of the most exciting players I've seen on any level. From a pure entertainment standpoint , he could make people not miss TM with his dunks & blocking ability. Tony is by far the better player , but I think EDo could win a NBA dunk contest right now. I see him having trouble in a big 6 conference with him being a bit undersized for his position. I would almost describe him as tony Mitchell inside of a roger Franklin body

Would kill to have either one

• Upvote 1

I really like them both. I've only seen a little of KP on video , but it looks like he as a better all around game at this point.

Would be awesome to go ahead and get that Chicago / Meanstreets pipeline flowin

Edo is up to about 20-25 offers right now. Says he wants a staff that has someone who can be his father figure. Who better than Rob Evans ?

Edo is one of the most exciting players I've seen on any level. From a pure entertainment standpoint , he could make people not miss TM with his dunks & blocking ability. Tony is by far the better player , but I think EDo could win a NBA dunk contest right now. I see him having trouble in a big 6 conference with him being a bit undersized for his position. I would almost describe him as tony Mitchell inside of a roger Franklin body

Would kill to have either one

Holy crap, is my only logical response to that.

• Upvote 1

We are already down to 2 scholarships left for 2013-2014. Saw Pollard in Frisco a couple of months ago and love his game. Edo makes the most sense based on need. Current projected roster:

C - Coleman, Jr

PF - Open

SF - Jordan Williams, Jr

SG - TJ Taylor, Jr.

PG - Chris Jones, Jr

C - Brazilian, Jr

PF - Open

SF - Anthony Norris, Jr

SG - Alzee Williams, Sr.

PG - P.J. Hardwick, Soph

C - Tony Nunn, Fr.

PF - Open

SF - Open

SG - Clarke Overlander, So

PG - Trey Norris, Jr.

Though only 6-5, Edo plays much taller and would do well in CUSA; at the 4. We also could use an impact center since I am not sold on what we have coming in. (just my opinion)

• Upvote 2

We are already down to 2 scholarships left for 2013-2014.

That depends on how the Taylor arrival impacts our other scholarship guys. If everyone stays, then we're down to 2 in the next class. If someone goes, we're swapping guys and we'd still have 3 to give.

I believe he will be visiting Dayton & Rhode Island the following weeks. Surely we can produce a better environment than those 2

URI basketball is an absolute joke. It's the only major university in the whole state and no one gives a damn. Obviously that changes when they put a winning product on the floor, but that hasn't happened in quite some time. I don't know anything about Dayton, but I know URI does have a great basketball facility that they built within the last 10 years. And their new head coach is really, really good. But, we should have absolutely no problem beating them out with our visit and our team's talent. My heart goes out to this kid if he has to suffer through a URI football game though. I'd rather go watch Brown University football. As for Dayton, their basketball team is good, but I know nothing at all about them other than that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...