Mean Green vs The New CUSA

MeanGreen61

Checked the Football Data Warehouse to see how we had fared vs the members of our proposed new conference.

Tulsa - 6 wins 17 losses

UTEP - 13 wins 5 losses 3 ties

La Tech - 5 wins 6 losses

Southern Miss - 3 wins 4 losses

FIU - 2 wins 5 losses

Rice 1 win 2 losses

UAB - 0 wins 1 loss

Marshall - 0 wins 1 loss

East Carolina - 0 wins 1 loss

Tulane - 0 & 0

UTSA - 0 & 0

30 wins 41 losses 3 ties

• Upvote 1

^ I would say "mum" is the word for now. As others have mentioned, it would be downright silly for us to make an announcement based on what is speculative at this point.

In addition, We've been down this road plenty of times, so Administration is careful at the chatter they create. UTSA is in it's infincy and doesn't have the experience to know when to keep quiet. They are so hyped up on themselves that PR is making some mistakes that could cost them later on. I'll keep quiet and keep my eagle claw pointing to the heavens in prayer waiting for some good news!! ;)

• Upvote 1

That one loss to UAB still irks me. No way we should've lost that game.

On another note I neither posted a pic of myself nor put that "Truth" quote on my profile. Not sure if i should be flattered or bothered that the moderators have taken it upon themselves to do it. Hmm....

Edited by meanrob
  • Upvote 1

Checked the Football Data Warehouse to see how we had fared vs the members of our proposed new conference.

Tulsa - 6 wins 17 losses

UTEP - 13 wins 5 losses 3 ties

La Tech - 5 wins 6 losses

Southern Miss - 3 wins 4 losses

FIU - 2 wins 5 losses

Rice 1 win 2 losses

UAB - 0 wins 1 loss

Marshall - 0 wins 1 loss

East Carolina - 0 wins 1 loss

Tulane - 0 & 0

UTSA - 0 & 0

30 wins 41 losses 3 ties

Here Are Some Schools We Have More All Time Wins Than Losses.......(Also counted schools we're tied with for wins and losses, too).

Boise State

Colorado State

Texas Tech

U of Houston

Oregon State

U of Florida

Indiana

U of Louisville

U of Cincinnati

U of Tennessee

U of New Mexico

Fresno State

Ball State

* Plus some SBC schools that we have more wins than losses

NOTE: I'm not sure (on the link below) that they counted our wins/losses against schools when we were NCAA 1-AA

for a period of about 12 years, though. .

http://www.mcubed.ne.../nt/index.shtml

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

i find it interesting that while UTSA is beating its chest about moving to CUSA, nothing simular is coming from UNT,FIU, or La. Tech. i assume we are waiting for the official announcement.

I know Tech is keeping quiet because last time this came up Tech thought they were in and at the last minute got passed over for UTEP

• Upvote 2

That one loss to UAB still irks me. No way we should've lost that game.

On another note I neither posted a pic of myself nor put that "Truth" quote on my profile. Not sure if i should be flattered or bothered that the moderators have taken it upon themselves to do it. Hmm....

The pictures are a weird changeover from the prior software. We all used to be able to have different profile pics and posting avatars. I know that you, me, Quoner, CBL, and a few other people have had their usual avatar automatically replaced by whatever was the profile photo. If I can find the old picture of Krieger from "Archer", I'm switching it back in.

As far as the custom title... That one predates me and AAUNT. I have no idea where it came from (or who applied it), but I've always liked it. Looks good on ya.