Realignment(s)

shaft

So if UTEP is really moving to the MWC were looking at few main realignment scenarios.

Option A: 10 Team CUSA, 10 Team MWC

CUSA

Tulsa, Rice, Tulane,UNT, LA Tech, Marshall, ECU, UAB, Southern Miss,FIU

MWC

Hawaii, Fresno, UNLV, Nevada, Wyoming, CSU, Air Force, New Mexico, UTEP, Utah State

Option B: 12 Team CUSA, 10 Team MWC

CUSA

West

Tulsa, Rice, Tulane,UNT, LA Tech, UTSA

East

Marshall, ECU, UAB, Southern Miss,FIU, and one of these Charlotte or FAU or MTSU

MWC

Hawaii, Fresno, UNLV, Nevada, Wyoming, CSU, Air Force, New Mexico, UTEP, Utah State

Option C: 12 Team CUSA, 12 Team MWC

CUSA

West

Tulsa, Rice, Tulane,UNT, LA Tech, UTSA

East

Marshall, ECU, UAB, Southern Miss,FIU, and one of these Charlotte or FAU or MTSU

MWC

West

Hawaii, Fresno, UNLV, Nevada, Utah State, San Jose State

East

Wyoming, CSU, Air Force, New Mexico, UTEP, New Mexico State

So the question to the board is which one would you prefer?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This. Isn't that one of several reasons we rejected the WAC and want out of the SBC? We need CUSA to be strong.

Also, is it just me or does the little symbol in the CUSA logo remind you of Apogee? Just sayin.

haha great eye! Looks like RV was telling us something when they released Apogee Stadium's logo :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

I agree...two 10 team conferences make the most sense for now. The biggest fly in the ointment is that CUSA's TV contract called for a 12-team conference with a championship playoff. That contract will have to be renegotiated anyway since four of the players are gone. A new contract should be settled for all 20 teams of the two conferences.

• Upvote 1

Exactly. If we're going to WANT UTSA, TX State, Charlotte, etc. then we may as well stay in the Sun Belt.

In what scenario does TX State make it into CUSA?

Why does anyone care about Charlotte if we only have to play them every other year, and only travel there every fourth year.

This board's "no fcs" stance lacks credibility after being in the SBC with fcs move ups USA, WKY, FIU, and FAU.

I'm hoping for a 12/12 to put the WAC out of it's misery.

TX St would probably go to back fill our spot in the SBC, Idaho goes to fcs hell.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In what scenario does TX State make it into CUSA?

Why does anyone care about Charlotte if we only have to play them every other year, and only travel there every fourth year.

This board's "no fcs" stance lacks credibility after being in the SBC with fcs move ups USA, WKY, FIU, and FAU.

I'm hoping for a 12/12 to put the WAC out of it's misery.

TX St would probably go to back fill our spot in the SBC, Idaho goes to fcs hell.

And just how many years did many of you I know on this board and beyond want out of the SBC because of all those start-ups?

Honest to goodness, though, the SBC was a great place for us, the 4 bowl games UNT went to were a priceless

national P.R. coup for our school, but the 'Belt (IMHO) is still years away from getting enough national media respect to get

any of their schools a Top 25 ranking; even more than just a vote or 2. We are leaving many good friends behind from the SBC

and I know many of us will miss a handful of their schools.

And yes, CUSA may not be a regular in the Top 25, either, but at least it has had several schools in it thru the years so that cycle

has been broken. How about when we play a ranked Alliance school in Denton bringing in a great home crowd and a chance to

beat a ranked team at home.

????????????

Know the last time North Texas had a ranked NCAA D1 team on our campus? It was in 1974 when the Mean Green beat the #19

ranked San Diego State Aztecs. Their coach was so mad after that loss he almost kicked the visitors locker room water cooler onto

Interstate 35-E destroying it at the same time. Of course. North Texas "AD" Hayden Fry sent SDSU a bill for that water cooler). :lol:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why do we want to go to CUSA?? Because the teams are well-known and as a result it is perceived as a better conference. Diluting that down with teams like UTSA, UTA, FIU, ULL, UNC-Charlotte and other "hyphenated universities" will just turn C-USA into Sun Belt v.2.0.

I hope that CUSA and MWC kill the WAC and carefully selects a couple of Sun Belt teams like UNT and MTSU to join.

Louisiana Tech, Army, UNT, and MTSU to CUSA. Utah State, Idaho, New Mexico State, and San Jose State to MWC.

We don't need a single FCS team.

• Upvote 5

Why do we want to go to CUSA?? Because the teams are well-known and as a result it is perceived as a better conference. Diluting that down with teams like UTSA, UTA, FIU, ULL, UNC-Charlotte and other "hyphenated universities" will just turn C-USA into Sun Belt v.2.0.

I hope that CUSA and MWC kill the WAC and carefully selects a couple of Sun Belt teams like UNT and MTSU to join.

Louisiana Tech, Army, UNT, and MTSU to CUSA. Utah State, Idaho, New Mexico State, and San Jose State to MWC.

We don't need a single FCS team.

F'N A! Bringing in FCS teams will do NOTHING but hurt a conference.

And if you don't believe me, go to the water cooler at work and ask about UTSA and TX State and almost nobody will even know they have a football team.

Edited by GreenMachine

I don't think they will. They'll go to the Sun Belt if they go anywhere at all and they'll be grateful for it.

And they should be.

The Sun Belt is the perfect conference for them to grow into for about 4 years. Start being at least competitive in the SBC and maybe position themselves for the next round of alignments. Same with TX St. I really hope, for our TX St friends, that UTSA does not leapfrog them into the SBC and leave TX St. wallowing in the WAC/Southland.

I believe they DESERVE the callup to the SBC more than UTSA.

And they should be.

The Sun Belt is the perfect conference for them to grow into for about 4 years. Start being at least competitive in the SBC and maybe position themselves for the next round of alignments. Same with TX St. I really hope, for our TX St friends, that UTSA does not leapfrog them into the SBC and leave TX St. wallowing in the WAC/Southland.

I believe they DESERVE the callup to the SBC more than UTSA.

Agreed. We had to put in our time while we were building facilities and staff.. And so should they.