Do we have a short list?

emmitt01

I know that everybody wants to have SF step up and be the next coach, but I think it would be really nice to find a coach who can discipline the guys on running plays and has the ability to put TM in the best situation on every possession... North Texas struggles a lot offensively in half court sets, and I think somebody who can find the right rhythm on offense could be the piece of the puzzle that pushes UNT past that first round of the NCAAs

I know that everybody wants to have SF step up and be the next coach, but I think it would be really nice to find a coach who can discipline the guys on running plays and has the ability to put TM in the best situation on every possession... North Texas struggles a lot offensively in half court sets, and I think somebody who can find the right rhythm on offense could be the piece of the puzzle that pushes UNT past that first round of the NCAAs

Any validity to the idea that offensive struggles last year were due to their youth?

Edited by greenminer

Any validity to the idea that offensive struggles last year were due to their youth?

possibly, or maybe even depth, but it just seems like there was a lot of standing around last year in certain games, especially when you would see us play a team like Denver that never stops moving on offense...

it just seems like with a team that should be solid on defense next year, offense would be the focus for a team built for a run to the tourney

and for all I know, SF may be that guy...

Edited by golfingomez

While I do agree that it seemed our offense spurted out some last year, we still was among the highest scoring offense in the league with a bunch of young players that never really found their shot.

• Upvote 2

I'm a long time IU fan (though I bleed green). Sampson absolutely wrecked that program with his cheating. Even as one of the "basketball royalty" programs it took a long time before they weren't terrible. I would not be very happy if we hired him. If we are talking IU coaches, Mike Davis would be far better.