OL Ryan Hoefield (6-3, 265) Brother Martin, LA

Harry

OL Ryan Hoefield (6'3-265) from Brother Martin is a player set to gain more and more attention as the recruiting process continues. A hard-working player that can be plugged into a number of spots in the O-Line, Hoefield is a 3-star rated player considering North Texas and Louisiana Tech. I can't imagine that Tulane would want to let him get away.

Read more: http://www.sportsnola.com/sports/sports-blogs/rene-nadeau/583101-recruiting-louisiana-schools-target-2013-football-talent.html

• 3 months later...

That's alright, we've got Nelson, Siddons, Walker and Sorge. Welcome to all these young men. Now let's work on the DL Coach Mac.

I can't imagine Mac plans on adding too many more O linemen in this class. I wonder if all of these guys are for the offense, or if they are planning on moving any to defensive line?

• Upvote 1

I can't imagine Mac plans on adding too many more O linemen in this class. I wonder if all of these guys are for the offense, or if they are planning on moving any to defensive line?

Maybe the plan is to get up by a couple of scores and then use that big O-line to maintain possession. Don't spend any more time on defense than you really need to. Oh, and use one of them as FB in short yardage situations.

• Upvote 1

Don't forget that Mac has to recruit OL's for June Jones too since they are either too lazy or ineffective to do it themselves.

True except June is too busy ministering to the inner city youth than to properly recruit his own players.

Does show that UNT is recruiting and offering some high quality kids...i think this is what we all, as Mean green fans, want to see. Will UNT win 'em all against schools like Florida State...nope...not right now anyway, but you have to offer and you have to recruit this type of kid IF you want to get some to sign with the Mean green. Good job Coach mac and Company...keep the efforts up.

UNT had to start recruiting these kids and they have...will win some, lose many, but UNT is "in the game"....nice!

• Upvote 1