Dallas-based band is releasing all of their music for free download to celebrate the show this Friday at the Double Wide.

download here

Biography from FB page:

The Backsliders (often capitalized as THe BAcksliders) is a rock and roll band from Dallas, Texas. Their third and newest full-length album, "Thank You", is available for free download on their website,www.thebacksliders.com as of May 2009.

Touring from coast to coast in the U.S. and winning both "Best Hard Rock" award in 2008and 2010 and "Best Blues" in 2007 from the Dallas Observer Music Awards, THe BAcksliders are fronted by:

Kim Bonner

Chris Bonner on guitar

Nolan Thies on bass, and

Earl Darling on drums.

"You're Welcome", their second full-length album released June 3, 2008, has the same line-up with the exception of Nolan Theis (Little Black Dress) on bass. Since The Backslider's formation in late 2005, the band has also released a Christmas single in November 2008, a DVD "Live at The Double Wide" May 2007, a pink vinyl 7" December 2006, and their debut album in March 2006.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

Biggest bunch of douchebags I've ever had to work with. We used to have a venue that put on shows on they were hands down the worst band we worked with. Personally, I don't mind their music although I could do without the lead singer's antics.

Winning a DOMA award shouldn't be a badge of honor. Wow, other dallas idiots like you.

No thanks.

• Upvote 1

Biggest bunch of douchebags I've ever had to work with. We used to have a venue that put on shows on they were hands down the worst band we worked with. Personally, I don't mind their music although I could do without the lead singer's antics.

Winning a DOMA award shouldn't be a badge of honor. Wow, other dallas idiots like you.

No thanks.

My Backsliders story:

Went to hang out at Haileys. Never heard of this band "Backsliders", but they seemed pretty cool buddies with another guy in the audience...Brent Best. Best is the man behind some of my favorite Denton music memories.

I heard them play and enjoyed it. And the band came up to me after the show - I wasn't even close to the merch stand - and gave me a free vinyl and chatted to extend their appreciation for coming out. Very gracious of them.

Sucks that your experience was so bad.

• Upvote 1

My Backsliders story:

Went to hang out at Haileys. Never heard of this band "Backsliders", but they seemed pretty cool buddies with another guy in the audience...Brent Best. Best is the man behind some of my favorite Denton music memories.

I heard them play and enjoyed it. And the band came up to me after the show - I wasn't even close to the merch stand - and gave me a free vinyl and chatted to extend their appreciation for coming out. Very gracious of them.

Sucks that your experience was so bad.

I'll be the first to say that bands can be cool one night and come across..uncool? (trying to be nice) the next night. If you caught them on a cool night then my opinion shouldn't really change that.

They're attitude when I/we dealt with them, rubbed me the wrong way. Well, more than that but no use getting into it. I was probably a bit harsh but that's what happens when you are grumpy and go on a message board.

Was in a local band for 6+ years in the denton/dallas area so I know the drill. They are one of the few bands that really turned me off personally. But kudos for them for engaging with their audience that night.

Kudos to you for checking out local music, more should.

• Upvote 1