Clarke Overlander

Andrew

I can now be excited about this incoming talent... His dad is our new house insurance agent. My wife and his father had an extensive talk about his excitement in being at UNT and talking to him about our excellent Kines program. He sounded very high on UNT even after our lose. Im ready to see him knock down some threes....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I believe he was at just about every home game that didn't conflict with one of his own games. He truly wants to be here so I'm already a fan

yep, he sat first row just on the baseline side of the home bench. Season ticket seats, by the way. He was there every game that I attended.

Clarke comes from an outstanding family. I rmember 6 or 7 years ago when the entire Overlander family volunteered their time at the Children's Advocacy Center. Despite being a young teen and pre teen respectively, Clarke and his brother worked their tails off, never complained, and were eager to help. Rod and his wife remodeled our bathroom, if I remember correctly. I am so excited and honored to have them as part of the Mean Green family.

• Upvote 2

yep, he sat first row just on the baseline side of the home bench. Season ticket seats, by the way. He was there every game that I attended.

Yeah they were right next to us. I don't think they were season ticket holders, but they were at almost every game. Very nice family. They seem very excited to be a part of the Mean Green family.

• Upvote 1

From looking at the game notes, it looked like Clarke showed a lot of leadership, hustle, etc. in clutch time for the Eagles.

Very tight game. Argyle only attempted 21 FGs the entire game.

I was impressed w/ Overlander's passing

Next game will be Sat vs CC Miller / La Vega for the title

Only issue with Overlander's game is he spent most of the time around the basket, not going to happen at NT. I understand that Argyle needs his height inside, but it is not going to help his transition to college ball. His challenge is going to be, can he guard the much quicker players on the outside in college. Something he is going to have to do if he is ever more than a situation three shooter for the Green. Looks like he has good all around game and his development will be interesting to watch.

Got a friend going to the tournament tonight. I'll make sure he takes in the Argyle game and get a report.

Side note: Has Clarke been a UNT fan and attended games over a period of years, or did he just start attending after committing? Doesn't matter either way, but with Argyle being a stones throw, I wonder if he grew up a North Texas fan (miracle?).

Edited by UNT90

Got a friend going to the tournament tonight. I'll make sure he takes in the Argyle game and get a report.

Side note: Has Clarke been a UNT fan and attended games over a period of years, or did he just start attending after committing? Doesn't matter either way, but with Argyle being a stones throw, I wonder if he grew up a North Texas fan (miracle?).

I pulled this from Brett Vito's blog from last August after Clarke committed to North Texas:

"Overlander has been going to UNT games since the third grade. A lot of guys want to get out of town for college. Not Overlander. He wanted to stay home so his parents could see him play."

• Upvote 2

If u can't make it down to austin , I believe all games will be shown on foxsports sw both on air & over Internet

Sweet. I'll check it out.

Good to know young Clarke is a lifelong fan. Can't wait to see him in green and white (and sometimes green and black).